Lash egg?

So I did the amoxicillin for 14 days, first day was June 19th and the last day was July 2nd. The amoxicillin was in capsule form, 500mg per capsule. I put one capsule in 2 tablespoons of coconut yogurt and gave her 1 tablespoon in the morning and 1 tablespoon in the evening. Was the amoxicillin supposed to help at all? Her abdomen is bloated some and her bottom is messy. She also waddles a bit when she walks. I will want to drain her at some point, when would I do that, how, and what would I need?
The antibiotic may help with infection and offer supportive care, it's not a cure.

The abdomen is bloated, but does it feel like the bloating is fluid? Draining fluid is another supportive care measure, it's not a cure. If she's ablet to move about, it eating/drinking, then monitoring the condition for a while may be the best option.

If you feel you must drain, then this video will help. Do realize that draining may only help for a short period of time and whatever the underlying condition/illness that is causing the fluid to build is still there.

https://the-chicken-chick.com/salpingitis-lash-eggs-in-backyard/
https://the-chicken-chick.com/causes-of-lash-eggs-salpingitis-by/

The antibiotic may help with infection and offer supportive care, it's not a cure.

The abdomen is bloated, but does it feel like the bloating is fluid? Draining fluid is another supportive care measure, it's not a cure. If she's ablet to move about, it eating/drinking, then monitoring the condition for a while may be the best option.

If you feel you must drain, then this video will help. Do realize that draining may only help for a short period of time and whatever the underlying condition/illness that is causing the fluid to build is still there.

https://the-chicken-chick.com/salpingitis-lash-eggs-in-backyard/
https://the-chicken-chick.com/causes-of-lash-eggs-salpingitis-by/
I'll check her abdomen tomorrow. Is there any way to know what is causing the fluid to build? Thank you for the links and video!

:hitShe died this morning, she wasn't acting extremely sick or anything, but I could tell she was slowing down, her abdomen was pretty bloated. Before I went to church this morning she was in the coop and didn't come out, I took her out of the coop and put her in the run. When I came back from church she was laying dead where I put her. Thank you everyone for your knowledge and help, I appreciate it. I'm going to bury her in our chicken grave yard now.

I'm so sorry. I've lost 2 birds to this. It's insidious.
:hugs
Literally almost 1 year ago I lost her sister to ascites too, she developed sour crop near her end. One week later my ISA brown got sour crop and died. :( I've heard your having a hard time with your flock, I hope everything get's better.

:hitShe died this morning, she wasn't acting extremely sick or anything, but I could tell she was slowing down, her abdomen was pretty bloated. Before I went to church this morning she was in the coop and didn't come out, I took her out of the coop and put her in the run. When I came back from church she was laying dead where I put her. Thank you everyone for your knowledge and help, I appreciate it. I'm going to bury her in our chicken grave yard now.
I am so sorry. I hate reproductive disorders.
:hugs

Literally almost 1 year ago I lost her sister to ascites too, she developed sour crop near her end. One week later my ISA brown got sour crop and died. :( I've heard your having a hard time with your flock, I hope everything get's better.
I am having a terrible time right now. I hope it improves, too. Not having a lot of fun right now.

We (humans) bred these birds to lay as many eggs as possible. As a result, they tend to get reproductive problems. It sucks.

I am having a terrible time right now. I hope it improves, too. Not having a lot of fun right now.

We (humans) bred these birds to lay as many eggs as possible. As a result, they tend to get reproductive problems. It sucks.
Hopefully everything does get better.

This hen was about 5 years old we got from TSC, that's pretty good for her, especially for a Leghorn from there. I am never going to get any production breeds again. I got 2 other Leghorns and 3 ISA browns along with her, ALL of the ISA browns got sick and died. One leghorn got sick and died and the other one got killed by a dog. :(

Back
Top Bottom