Last call for Penny the Pekin with mystery skin ailment

Good news! I just got a call from the vet and they had a cancellation, so I can bring her in tomorrow at 7 pm. I so happy that we're getting in sooner, and just praying they have wisdom to understand what's going on with her! Will post an update Tuesday when I have more info.
Congrats on getting her in sooner! Fingers crossed that they can help figure out what is going on with your precious girl!!!

Turns out that appointment is a no-go. I'm sticking with my Wednesday afternoon one. I'll post an update when I get back. I sure hope the doctor has seen this before and has an idea that can heal her up!

@Miss Lydia, Thank you so much for your prayers!! It's at 3:00 tomorrow. I am so eager to get in, and trying to temper my hopes for an immediate solution, as they probably will have to do a skin scrape before they know what's going on. She was bleeding again this morning, and the areas are the largest they've been and on both sides. I noticed that Puddles definitely has a similar spot, though not bleeding, on her shoulders just where I first noticed it on Penny. I'm also praying for answers. I used to feel so happy thinking about my ducks, and spending time outside with them, and now I just feel anxious and sad when I'm out with them. :(

@Miss Lydia, Thank you so much for your prayers!! It's at 3:00 tomorrow. I am so eager to get in, and trying to temper my hopes for an immediate solution, as they probably will have to do a skin scrape before they know what's going on. She was bleeding again this morning, and the areas are the largest they've been and on both sides. I noticed that Puddles definitely has a similar spot, though not bleeding, on her shoulders just where I first noticed it on Penny. I'm also praying for answers. I used to feel so happy thinking about my ducks, and spending time outside with them, and now I just feel anxious and sad when I'm out with them. :(
I know that you are sad, worried, anxious, hopeful and just a ball of nerves over this. But, try to imagine them all fixed up, healthy and back to normal. Then go and spend time with them & enjoy a few moments of duck tv. There's nothing that a little duck cuddle time won't fix. And a little bit of TLC & treats go a long way! You have to keep her little spirit buoyed, too. When you feel that sadness coming over ya, pet your closest feathered head! It'll do wonders for you, too.

Back
Top Bottom