Last call for Penny the Pekin with mystery skin ailment

Pics
Hi friends, sorry I haven't updated this thread, for some reason I'm not getting notifications of comments. You can see the latest on my post called "anyone do a skin biopsy on their duck". Her results came back yesterday and parasites are ruled out, could do more checking into fungal, but she was on oral fungal meds already for a month with no response. Bacterial infection would only be secondary, so it's possibly something in her environment. @Miss Lydia suggested possibly it's my Sweet PDZ and when I went back and looked at dates, I started using it sometime in the week before I first noticed Penny's problem. I am cautiously optimistic about this. I just cleared every bit of straw out of my coop and run and it's got PDZ all over in it. I've spread fresh and we're going to give it a try. I'll also be spraying her skin with a veterinary antiseptic, since vet noticed the surgical sites actually looked really good and thought it could be due to the scrub they used. She looks so much better this week than when i brought her to the vet last week after a month of 4 different types of meds. I'm hoping there's still hope for her!

Hi friends, sorry I haven't updated this thread, for some reason I'm not getting notifications of comments. You can see the latest on my post called "anyone do a skin biopsy on their duck". Her results came back yesterday and parasites are ruled out, could do more checking into fungal, but she was on oral fungal meds already for a month with no response. Bacterial infection would only be secondary, so it's possibly something in her environment. @Miss Lydia suggested possibly it's my Sweet PDZ and when I went back and looked at dates, I started using it sometime in the week before I first noticed Penny's problem. I am cautiously optimistic about this. I just cleared every bit of straw out of my coop and run and it's got PDZ all over in it. I've spread fresh and we're going to give it a try. I'll also be spraying her skin with a veterinary antiseptic, since vet noticed the surgical sites actually looked really good and thought it could be due to the scrub they used. She looks so much better this week than when i brought her to the vet last week after a month of 4 different types of meds. I'm hoping there's still hope for her!
Oh my goodness you guys have been through the wringer! I’m glad to hear like you are on the track? Glad to hear she is looking better, that’s for sure! Yes, please do keep the upda coming, as we do care :)

Back
Top Bottom