Last Minute Gifting

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by vfem, Dec 23, 2011.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Not that I forgot... well, yeah, I forgot! But I need something for my brother! He's a big guy, so clothes he likes and fits are hard to find. So we're staying away from that.

I just didn't have time and now I'm going to see him tomorrow and want to give him a little something. So looking for ideas!?He's 25, into punk music, picky eater, not into sports, into video games but seems to own them ALL! I also really can't spend more then $10. And I HATE giving gift certs! ;P

Help! [​IMG]

2. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Sorry, I don't have any ideas. Good luck!

3. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Hubby said check groupon, but all I found was a tanning salon and house cleaning services. Which is pointless since he lives with my mom! LOL

I'm just planning on braving the stores today if I have to... but my brain won't think anymore. It went and shut down on me! hahaha

4. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:Ya might hate them, but at this 11th hour, they may be your best bet!

5. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC

That's what I'm afraid of... but then they KNOW how much you gave them. HAHAHAHA

6. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009

That's what I'm afraid of... but then they KNOW how much you gave them. HAHAHAHA

This is true, but at least he will get to spend it on what he will enjoy! Sounds like he is rather picky, and even if he wasn't, $10 will only go so far for odd size clothing, or video games.

7. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Tough one...

Does he like to cook for himself at all? Maybe something like a little blender for milkshakes or a donut maker?

Also, if he has an iPod you can do and iTunes gift certificate so he can get a couple songs. I know you said you don't like certificates but that's probably the easiest way to give music.

You could also try one of those gadgety stores to see if there's anything funny/useful. [​IMG]

Good luck.

8. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Here's a thought.

Find out where he gets his haircut, and get him a gift card for his next haircut. Not only would he probably appreciate that, but it also keeps your holiday dollars in your own community.

9. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    bottle of cheap liquor. potters vodka

10. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    What kind of food does he like? Bacon? Meat? Baked goods? Get him what he likes. Even picky eaters like something. If you're not sure, call your mom.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by