Last-Minute Xmas Treats-- Seedy Bake For Your Chickens-- Only A Few Ingredients!

SulkyBantam

···ʞɔǝꓒ ʎɹǝʌƎ ɥʇᴉM ɹǝʇɹoɥS ɓuᴉʇʇǝꓨ sI ʞɐǝꓭ ʎW
Nov 3, 2020
The Emerald Isle
My Coop
My Coop
If there's anyone there wanting to treat their chickens but without a heap of time, here's a great recipe.

Not only good for an Xmas treat but also a more time-consuming way to give them treats- perfect for people in the UK and Europe with bored chickens in lockdown.

It takes a few minutes to prepare and not much longer to cook, with ingredients most poultry-keepers will have around, and it's a really clean bake too using just a few utensils.
Please do tell me if you try it!

RECIPE
P1030542.JPG
Ingredients:
- 1 cup grain or mixed corn
- 1 cup layers mash (or you can use crumble/pellets) - OPTIONAL
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (or you can use rolled/crushed oats)- OPTIONAL
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup organic milk

- 3-4 free-range eggs (I say this because I used 1 double yoker, 1 medium and 2 bantams; if its about 3-4 it'll work!)
NOTE: Feel free to reduce or leave out the optional ingredients. This will feed a flock of 10 for a couple days treats.

Preparation Time:
5-10 mins
Cooking Time:
15-25 mins
Method:
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
Mix the dry
ingredients in a bowl.
Whisk the eggs and milk in a jug, then stir into the grain mix.
When fully mixed, scrape into a tin lined with baking paper.

1608813690257.png
- I did it in a round cake tin, but as long as its not too deep the shape doesn't matter.
P1030521.JPG

Place in the oven.
The best way is to bake it for 15-20 mins the reduce the temp. by about 30 degrees C and cook until firm throughout- but you can just bake for 20-25 mins, until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
If you want it harder to hang up on a string, bake a little longer.
Mmm, could almost eat it myself! It should smell toasty too.

Leave to cool out of the tin, then cut if you want to. You can store this in a tin for a few days- if the chicks don't eat it first-!

Please leave
feedback
either on this thread, or on my profile!

--SULKY.

Back
Top Bottom