Last pictures of my Muscovy 12-9-09

AmberH

Songster
14 Years
Apr 21, 2010
I found these pictures the other day. I had forgotten that I took them. I miss my Ducky! I'm pretty sure that this is a female but it went though most of its life being called Clyde. Duck disappeared in early January. I assumed that a coyote, fox, or the like got it just like it's sibling months earlier. Duck free ranged 24/7 but was faithful everyday at feeding time. I don't think any duck I'll ever have will compare to my first baby. I have Swedish right now and they aren't anything like Duck was. Duck was actually friendly and loved people... the Swedish? Not so much. They actually act scared even though I've raised them from day 1.

In these pics, you'll see Duck terrorizing my dog. You may think it was the other way around but don't let that fool you. Emily was actually getting full on attaced. It was so funny!

Anyone know of someone in central Indiana that has a Muscovy for sale? I'd prefer an adult but you know... I'll take anything I can get. I want a scovy SO bad.

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

IMG_3246.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

I'm so sorry for your duck loss, ducks can be funny characters huh? FULL of personality! Poor dog didn't stand a chance
tongue.png

Hi Amber,
Sorry for your loss of Ducky. She was a very pretty black pied Scovy.
hugs.gif

I know you free ranged your Scovies 24/7 but since you lost them pretty quickly do you have plans for nighttime protection when you get more? I free range mine during the day but I do lock them up at night since we do have fox, coyote and racoons here & have had a few close calls right at 9pm lockdown.

We have the chickens and ducks locked up at night. They go to bed every night at about 8 pm on their own and I just shut the door. I let them out before I go to work at 9 am. My aunt gets home at 12 pm so they're only alone for about three hours. We learned quickly.
smile.png
I love my babies and I obviously don't want anything bad to happen to them.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm may live a bit too far north for you but you could try posting in the Buy/Sell/Auction in the wtb section being sure to say you are looking for Scovies in the Central, IN area. I recently rehomed all my extra adults so only have 1mo - 2mo old Scovies available. I'm really happy with my ducklings this year.
smile.png
Next year I should have Chocolates and Lilacs avail. also.

I looked up the drive a while ago and I think it was pushing 3 hours. That is a bit far. I posted on a local website similar to craigslist and there is a woman that will meet me at a sale next Tuesday. I don't know anything about the birds other than they are 7.50 each. She said she had 20 ducklings. I'm going to meet her but we'll see.
smile.png

Oh good luck on getting the birds, come home with a bunch, they are so wonderful. Even my brutal male is my baby.

Also check Craigs list for Cincinnti and Dayton, I see lots of them listed there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom