Last week was one of the roughest for me in a long time.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bullets, Aug 21, 2016.

  1. bullets

    bullets Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jul 10, 2016
    Camdenton, Missouri
    Hey guys..

    Just want to start off by apologizing if I bring anyone down but I just have to get this out. Note: this is all very personal to me but I must tell somebody. All I do is work and come home to my 3 kids and husband. I don't have a social life so you guys get to be my friends whether you want to or now.

    Last week was rough. I have this thread out there about my hatching eggs I started a couple weeks ago. I got a new incubator from coopsnmore. It's digital with an automatic turner. I set the incubator up and let it run for 5 days before setting any eggs into it. I calibrated the hygrometer in it by using a digital thermometer/hygrometer and using the salt test on it. The hygrometer was 76% Then I placed that unit in the incubator and found the incubator was reading about 7% too high. No biggie, I just wrote it down on a piece of tape and stuck it to the side of the bator so I wouldn't forget. I ordered some hatching eggs through the mail. It cost me $100. The guy ended up sending me 54 even though I ordered 36. He sent the extra because he was retiring and selling most of his flock and downgrading to just hobby status. I was blessed and out of my mind excited. 10 days into it I had 4 chicks developing nicely. The bator was running nicely, no issues what so ever. I turned the eggs 3 times a day. In the morning before I left for work, when I got home from work, and before I went to bed. The kids were involved and excited as was I. On Tuesday night I turned the eggs before bed as usual. Wednesday morning I went to turn the eggs and saw the bator showed the temp was 104. I quickly opened it and checked the extra thermometer I had on the inside and it showed 138! I was instantly sick to my stomach. I shut the bator off and drove to work crying along the way. I couldn't even talk about it. I didn't even tell my husband until the next day. I kept thinking about those poor chicks being alive and healthy in their shells and then slowly being cooked to death. How horrible.

    Wednesday I received a phone call from my gynecologist. I have been having to see her every 6 months since my abnormal pap smear a year and a half ago. She was calling me about my result from my 3rd one. It was abnormal once again. Now I am being referred to a specialist for a colposcopy. I am scared.

    The cherry on top is I am still waiting test results from a Dr. visit on Monday. I have been having this feeling like I am going to pass out a lot lately. You know when you're sitting for a long time and then stand up too fast and things start going dark and you get dizzy? That's what's been happening to me even when I'm just standing around. Not just from getting up from sitting down. He suspects hyperthyroidism. We will see though. Honestly, I feel completely healthy. Sometimes when people talk about their health issues and troubles I have put myself in my own shoes and thought how miserable they must feel. But I don't feel that way about myself. It's all very surreal to me. Sometimes I just feel like I am walking around in a dream. I can't catch a break.

    Thank you for listening.
  2. sourland

    sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

    May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hang in, bullets. Hopefully test results will be negative and next week will be better. Sometimes it's good to have a place where you can vent 'anonymously'. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by