Late Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Izzymoon, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Izzymoon

Izzymoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    My Coop
    I expected eggs in October from my 3 babies, who were born in May. I got them at 2 days old. I waited almost 2 months and FINALLY the Amerucana laid her first blue egg followed the next day by a white egg from my California White.
    Just waiting for a chocolate egg from my Welsummer now.Not sure why they took so much longer to come around, but glad they finally did. I was begining to think they were roosters!

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Congratulations on your first eggs. Good job by the two girls, hope the Welly gets with the program soon here. Pretty colored set of eggs you'll have. Chicken owners need a lot of patience this year, lot of pullets seem to be late starting this year for some reason.

3. Izzymoon

Izzymoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Today got 2 more they laid them right next to each other. The colors of my coop.

I do have 5 1 year old hens in moult right now (not laying much) but these are my first special breed chickens

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    The two new girls are doing themselves proud it looks like, that Am is laying a really pretty blue color, maybe she was taking the hint from the coop if that is what you painted it :) Between molting and the cold and just being slow know what you mean about few eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by