Late Fall Chicken Quilt Block Swap

Hello Marty,
Thats ok, no big deal, least we will not be doing mail box watch, till later, and that is crazy they wouldn't take them, seems if they fit in the box, they should go. We live and learn.
Kat

Well if they were hatching eggs they would have taken them and sent them I bet, other wise they'd be hatching eggs, and they had to take the packages out of the box. So what they are going to hand them to you across the counter only for you to hand them back across the counter. Seems a little common sense is missing here, and if that is the case they should also put scales by the boxes because they can't weight that much over 13 ounces. Oh well job security for someone.

Marty, he works as a subcontractor so he just goes in and they load the trailer, but this is a good thing too know down the road, I either schedule for a pickup at home or go into the nasty PO and wait in line :(

Yes, apparently I show them the little cards they sent (one for each of four packages over 13 ozs), they hand me the box, and then I hand them the box again, and they drop it into the little rolling cart.

Behind a wall, somebody is laughing their buns off at me.
smack.gif
I'm so disappointed. I'm trying not to mess with my blocks (but they are so cool togather, I'm amazed at everyone) out of wanting most of us to have them first. I'll just go sit them by the sewing machine, and pretend I don't see them.
roll.png
I was totally expecting to be hearing yesterday and today how happy everyone was with their blocks.

At this rate, the ladies over the puddle will have their blocks in Britain before we do. Theirs was airmailed on thursday. I don't know how long they take, but I guess they may beat our domestics at this rate. I drove by the drop, and looked, and sure enough, it has a post up that nothing over 13 ozs can be sent from this box, in the interest of security. They must be handed to a postal employee in a post office. Go look at yours, I bet they all say it.

Then they should have a scale available because their moto is if it fits it ships (I know it's for the flat rate) but really so frustrating for you, and will make getting the package that much sweeter.

I'm quite fascinated with all this business with the over 13oz boxes. Do you realise someone behind wall must sit there and weight every box thats posted just in case it is over 13oz. Well, I suppose its a job for someone. In the UK we have to hand all packages over the counter. Only letters can be posted in a box.

Back
Top Bottom