Lav chicks are hatching tomorrow!!

Well. All I can say is I'm upset. This was my first time having chicks shipped from a "breeder". I didn't know that they were not supposed to be weak. I supposed that's how they were supposed to be(I asked breeder a lot of questions and always got the same"sugar water" answer). I lost all of them except 1 pullet, Lele.
All I can say I'm pretty much upset with her. I was new to the chicken and especially the Orpington breed. I wish I had never gotten chicks from her. I am upset at myself for I guess not reading everything and seeing the red flags, but I was blinded by just wanting "rare chickens". She told me "Give them sugar water and they'll be fine. I don't know when they're sick." so I just did what she said and gave sugar in water.

She did NOT provide paper work. At the time I didn't know it was needed.

They all started dropping and I thought it was my fault the babies looked so weak/sick. I had about 4-5 left just after 3 days of arrival. I am wondering if I can do something now. Those birds made my small flock sick. My parents had to cull the whole mixed flock since they were getting horrible diseases like we never had. We had to start over our mixed flock.

Does anyone know if I can do something? Even if it's this late? Here are pics of Lele. She was $145+ raising her and her sick siblings. They died at about 5 months. They always looked the same small amd skinny. While my others looked better, but since I had them together I lost the ones that weren't even weak.

Here are pics of her. She is VERY tiny. I told the "breeder" that she was tiny and all she said was "Oh yeah I have some hens like that. They never get big but they lay eggs so I just keep them in the pen" so she knew I would recieve chicks that would never grow or be used for any sort of breeding and didn't tell me before we spent that money on them.

Only reason my parents let me buy them was because they paying for them and they were also a christmas present. Thank you for taking the time to read.

Back
Top Bottom