lav x porcelain = what color?

Quote:
what buff gene..??

a mille fleur is brown partridge, columbian, mottled... no buff gene...

if they are isabel... well that's unclear then... since you can have a columbian isabel, wheaton isabel, lemon isabel... any lavender that is not silver based is an isabel...

Quote:
what buff gene..??

if they are isabel... well that's unclear then... since you can have a columbian isabel, wheaton isabel, lemon isabel... any lavender that is not silver based is an isabel...

it matter if there millies or silkies

Quote:
what buff gene..??

if they are silkies, then they are not porcelain...

/thread

Quote:

if they are silkies, then they are not porcelain...

/thread

there not true porcelain but that what we breed and show them as

Quote:
what buff gene..??

I don't know about the other breeds but in OE it is Self Blue (lav) x Spangled then F1xF1 keep the Pearle, (Self Blue with Mottling) pearle (F2) x Buff Columbian, from there you will get another mixed bag, Breed those back on each other and get some Millie Fluer, and some Porcelian.
So in different breeds it can be done different ways. But breed a Millie or a Porcelian to something say white and you then breed F1xF1 and you will start to see a lot of stuff again.
Porcelian x rec. White will give what looks like Gold Neck males, and dirty white females.

Quote:
what buff gene..??

I don't know about the other breeds but in OE it is Self Blue (lav) x Spangled then F1xF1 keep the Pearle, (Self Blue with Mottling) pearle (F2) x Buff Columbian, from there you will get another mixed bag, Breed those back on each other and get some Millie Fluer, and some Porcelian.
So in different breeds it can be done different ways. But breed a Millie or a Porcelian to something say white and you then breed F1xF1 and you will start to see a lot of stuff again.
Porcelian x rec. White will give what looks like Gold Neck males, and dirty white females.

my mille fleur OEGB are split for self blue... so they give me porcelains and mille fleur... and sometimes, i will get a spangle... eww...

anyways... those aren't buff columbians... they are partridge columbian... partridge with the columbian gene looks like a buff columbian... sometimes, clearnecked... however... porcelain in OEGB is partridge/columbian/mottled/lav bird...

Last edited:
Quote:

my mille fleur OEGB are split for self blue... so they give me porcelains and mille fleur... and sometimes, i will get a spangle... eww...

anyways... those aren't buff columbians... they are partridge columbian... partridge with the columbian gene looks like a buff columbian... sometimes, clearnecked... however... porcelain in OEGB is partridge/columbian/mottled/lav bird...

I used Buff columbian, worked like a charm.. Years of work but they breed true.
30249_porcelian_pattern.jpg

Quote:

Some Porcelain OEGB are Wheaten/ Co/ Mo/ Lav

Chris

Back
Top Bottom