Lavender Africans...I know I got taken...just how bad is it??

Discussion in 'Geese' started by sred98, Oct 15, 2010.

1. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I bought these birds off of someone with a sad story. When I got there, I had to get them! Now, they were sold to me as Lavender Africans. The one with the orange beak and feet is a lavender color, but I don't think it's an African. It is also supposed to be the male. The other two look like regular Africans to me, except maybe a little bit lighter. These are supposed to be female, I think they are. These are about 9 months old. The male with the orange beak and feet isn't washed out, that is his color.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

Shelly

2. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    whatever they are, beautiful!![​IMG]

3. Jenifer Kraus

Jenifer Kraus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    I did not realize there were Lavender Africans. Cool

4. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    They look Chinese to me?

5. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
  6. sred98

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    So y'all really think they are Chinese?? That would be awesome! We just lost our Chinese and really enjoyed them. Thanks for that link! It looks like I ended up with 1 lavender and the other 2 are blue? When I picked them up I thought they looked Chinese, but I've never had Africans, and I know they look similar. I'm really excited about them, now!

Thanks so much for the link and opinions!

Shelly

7. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    They look like chinese to me too. They dont look heavy enough to be African in my opinion. I only have brown though so cant help on the color. They are beautiful though.

8. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Quote:No problem. [​IMG] Have fun with your geese!

9. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    The girls look African to me, but [​IMG] I've only got one African and he's a male. Maybe they are Chinese and I'm clueless? Lavender Chinese sound really cool.

10. sred98

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Well, I've never had Africans, but the females are smaller than the male, so I would think if he were Chinese and they were African, they would be significantly bigger? Don't think I mentioned the age before, but she told me they are 9 months. They haven't started laying yet. I am really excited about the idea of babies! The only pictures I found of lavenders, they had black beaks and feet. His are orange and he's got blue eyes. I am wondering what color babies they'll have!

Shelly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by