Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Pics
gig.gif

Should this be my new avatar????

I have a lavender John Blehm cockerel and a pure black pullet from John Blehm if someone is interested pm or email for details.

Last edited:
Hi, I am new here on this forum although I have been following it a bit. I just wanted to share my birds with you all for feedback :) I have Pips'n Peeps, John Blem and Schaffer lines. I have pure blacks that I am anxiously awaiting their eggs from John Blehm. I am hoping to be to the point of splits by Spring! I am thrilled with the tight feathering on my blacks and hope that will improve my lavs. I do like the consistent coloring on my lavs. I think my young cockerel is looking promising. What do you all think? :)

I can't see it? Is it old feathers or leakage? If they have leakage, it usually shows up in splotches on the wing triangles. It is normal for lav roos to get a bit of yellowing on the boy feathers that are old.

Here's some of my project birds- the black are what I got from Donna a short while back. I put a couple of these on the regular Am thread too.

Last edited:
Thanks! Hey what do you all think about gold hackle feather leakage. Where genetically is that coming from and how do you remove it?
I don't see in on the wing bows generally with mine, but in the hackle and saddles. You have gold based not silver based birds. When I made splits with my Blacks, some of the Black splits had gold leakage some, creamy silver. You can't tell with the female splits, and not every split male will have leakage, but males that are silver based (2 copies) will produce only silver based pullets as it is sex linked.

Hope that makes sense. Every bird is either gold or silver based under whatever other genetics you're dealing with.

Sun exposure tends to make my Lavs look like they've been dust bathing. It dulls the color, males and females.

dear mrs fancy plants what is your address? my name is noah . i live in kentucky. i wanted to know if you had any pullets for sale cheap.we have 12 chickens now and one is an americauna named muffy. my grandma just happens to live in cross lanes. plese feel free to contact me with an answer i would prefer some hens because i live in a city and we do not want any roosters please.thank you . i look foward to hearing from you thanks again

i
love.gif
D.gif

noah

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom