Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Pics
He lives in Austin right now.  There was a show Jan 5th at College Station.  I had attended Texas A&M several times for various classes there and had a tour of their poultry operations.    

Well had no idea there was a show early jan that was so close too...we have never shown but I am very interested in showing birds and eggs ( maran eggs) I have customers who live in Austin so that is still doable...ok so when is he getting HIS stock?? :):)

Hello, I need some info on lavender ameraucana genetics. I have a lavender trio from the Blem line. I acquired them from a guy who hatched the eggs and thought he had 3 hens so he sold them to me. I would like to breed them and need info on producing the best birds. Is breeding lavender to lavender ok? I'm having trouble finding info on this coloration.

Turned on the incubator and set 24 eggs on 1/31/13.Said I would not but we had a few mild days and I think I got them before they got too chilled.Some lav and splits plus some project eggs.Should satisfy my urge to hatch for awhile.Have 2 lav hens and a Smith split hen in with the lav cock.

I couldn't resist either, Jerry. Got the birds all separated into 3 main groups after a long break, and will probably hatch a few if they fit in with the goose eggs. My next generation of cuckoos aren't laying yet- can't wait for that!
Here's some pics. The garden looks awful naked in the winter
sad.png

My roosters look like heck, but at least they are gentle and leave the young girls alone .

Lav or black laying this blue egg...olive one is just for comparison.

Cuckoo girls in front.

Back
Top Bottom