Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Quote:
I actually kinda wonder if that incorrect information is intentional sometimes when it comes to hatcheries. I'd like to hope not, but it seems like a lot of hatcheries are selling EEs advertised as Ameraucana these days. I've seen a LOT of complaints when people think they're buying true Ameraucana, but end up with EEs, in many forums and even on some review sites for the hatcheries. :/

Quote:
I actually kinda wonder if that incorrect information is intentional sometimes when it comes to hatcheries. I'd like to hope not, but it seems like a lot of hatcheries are selling EEs advertised as Ameraucana these days. I've seen a LOT of complaints when people think they're buying true Ameraucana, but end up with EEs, in many forums and even on some review sites for the hatcheries. :/

It would be nice to believe they weren't intentionally deceiving people, but they have to sell these birds - and I think they believe if they call them what they really are they wouldn't sell. One hatchery HAS changed them to EEs - or the Easter Egger Chickens, and they are still selling so personally I think they still would sell - but perhaps not to those people who want birds to show. I would continue to buy them as EEs, perhaps more happily than I buy them as Americanas. I do NOT like the hatcheries that sell them as Ameraucanas - they are stealing the name of the breed.

On another note, I just made my way through another VERY interesting thread on the lavender color, for the Silkies. When I made my post on that thread of my new handy-dandy lavender chart I made a shocking discovery - I had used the abbreviation Lav for lavender. Unfortunately, the abbreviation for not-lavender is Lav. Sooooo... I changed the chart. Its confusing enough without using the incorrect abbreviations!

Here is: Lavender Breeding version 1.3!

Because it is recessive, it is lower case. hopefully I fixed it right...

Quote: Thanks guys ......... i agree with each of you ........... i just think most don't know the difference and some hatcheries know they can get away with it ............ there are still people entering shows with EE and listing them as ameraucanas (what worse) it sometimes gets past the show secretary(or one setting up entries )and also unbelievably some judges let it slip by .
Thank You Guys ,
Shannon

It would be nice to believe they weren't intentionally deceiving people, but they have to sell these birds - and I think they believe if they call them what they really are they wouldn't sell. One hatchery HAS changed them to EEs - or the Easter Egger Chickens, and they are still selling so personally I think they still would sell - but perhaps not to those people who want birds to show. I would continue to buy them as EEs, perhaps more happily than I buy them as Americanas. I do NOT like the hatcheries that sell them as Ameraucanas - they are stealing the name of the breed. On another note, I just made my way through another VERY interesting thread on the lavender color, for the Silkies. When I made my post on that thread of my new handy-dandy lavender chart I made a shocking discovery - I had used the abbreviation Lav for lavender. Unfortunately, the abbreviation for not-lavender is Lav. Sooooo... I changed the chart. Its confusing enough without using the incorrect abbreviations! Here is: Lavender Breeding version 1.3! Because it is recessive, it is lower case. hopefully I fixed it right...
I think it's perfect now! I'm hatching some splits and lavenders on the 21st (of September).

Posting a pic of a LA Pullet I hatched back in mid May so she's around 14 wks old. Comparing her to my EE who is 2wks younger she looks much smaller. You guys take a look and let me know what you think of her. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom