Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Hi Ashley. Thanks for posting the pics. I was hoping to hear from some of the breeders also. Not sure why they won't respond to you.

In my very un-expert (and unbiased
wink.png
) opinion, they look great. Lacy is gorgeous. I wouldn't give up on Ranger just yet either, he is still young.
Try and get some more pics from a side view of them standing up.
smile.png

I am just glad that you all got some quality birds to work with. Heck, they must look pretty good because if there was something major wrong someone would have jumped on it like a chicken on a junebug. Good luck with them and please let us know if we can do anything else.

Enjoy Seth!
celebrate.gif

He says thank you very much!!!

Overall, they are gorgeous birds and show promise from what little I've learned here and in other discussions about breeding Lavenders. We've really been working with them to get them more social and less flighty. I was hoping some of the original breeders from their lineages would comment, too, but maybe they're busy this time of year. ;)

Again, thank you and your wife SO VERY MUCH for this experience, your help, your kindness and generosity. We are beyond thrilled with them.
yippiechickie.gif

So glad I found this group!!!! I'm on the Alabama group, which is great, but I've got AM's and doms so its its nice to find a group specific to them (the AM's). Above is my splash roo we lost last week to a fox getting in our coop, so now all I've got left is my black hen (we had a few blues but they were killed by the neighbors dog) and a black roo. We've put our hen's eggs in the incubator hoping to get some splash babies, and now she's gone broody so I'm letting her sit on one of the Dom eggs. We aren't really interested in breeding, we just love the birds. Anyway I just wanted to share and say hello.

So glad I found this group!!!! I'm on the Alabama group, which is great, but I've got AM's and doms so its its nice to find a group specific to them (the AM's). Above is my splash roo we lost last week to a fox getting in our coop, so now all I've got left is my black hen (we had a few blues but they were killed by the neighbors dog) and a black roo. We've put our hen's eggs in the incubator hoping to get some splash babies, and now she's gone broody so I'm letting her sit on one of the Dom eggs. We aren't really interested in breeding, we just love the birds. Anyway I just wanted to share and say hello.
Hello there.

This group is for the Lavender colored Ameraucanas, but I am glad you are enjoying your birds.

Sorry you lost your boy to a fox, it is always tough to loose birds. Your rooster does not look like a splash to me - my understanding is that Splash will have no red or gold anywhere. It is possible he is a splash, but with really bad red and gold leakage. If your chicks all come out Blue then he has the genetics of splash. If they don't.. then who knows what color he really was.

There is a main thread on here for the other colors of Ameraucanas, but that thread is dedicated to birds that match the SOP and breeding them better. If you aren't interested in breeding you might want to hang out over on the https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-discussed-apa-non-standard-and-project-birds thread, they are less judgmental there.

I just processed a big Lavender Split rooster with badly curled toes and extreme gold leakage. I would not sell him as an Ameraucana to continue the genetics he had, and it was a tough choice but a necessary one if I want to continue to breed Ameraucanas instead of just barnyard birds. I will be keeping the Lavender boy with the Silver leakage, he doesn't have curled toes and he can make some pretty Easter Eggers and maybe I can make Isabella colored Easter Eggers.. just for fun.

splash can express the red and copper colors. they don't show as much on a splash for sure. I think the above roo is an Easter Egger there is a thread for those too.....I can't post it though.....sorry. he was pretty. I still like Easter eggers I just don't have room for them anymore.

splash can express the red and copper colors. they don't show as much on a splash for sure. I think the above roo is an Easter Egger there is a thread for those too.....I can't post it though.....sorry. he was pretty. I still like Easter eggers I just don't have room for them anymore.
Thanks Donna, I wasn't sure if he looked like a Splash or not. I have a Splash Copper Marans and he has red on him, but its not that widespread and he has much more white than black.

The Splashes I have seen that came out of a Blue/Black/Splash breeding have no red, I think it would show up in the Black males if it shows up in the Splash males?

The Easter Egger link is :https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/273489/the-ee-braggers-thread/12730#post_12059580 I kept my 4 hens so I could play with partridge colors and blue eggs.

WOW! EEs get comments, but someone asking for input on their Lavender Ameraucanas on the Lavender Ameraucana thread doesn't get responded to. Strange.
idunno.gif
Well I am enough of a newbie that I recognize do not know what looks good and what doesn't on the Lavenders yet, just got my first birds this year and I am still learning. But I would say I know something about Splash and EEs, enough to know the bird in question didn't look like a Splash - but he didn't look like my EEs either.

I didn't think you wanted any "They are pretty" comments from newbies like myself. I was hoping somebody else who knows something would come on and I could learn more about my birds from what they said on yours. Patience Grasshopper, somebody may still teach us...

WOW! EEs get comments, but someone asking for input on their Lavender Ameraucanas on the Lavender Ameraucana thread doesn't get responded to. Strange.
idunno.gif

idunno.gif

With the bloodlines listed no comment was needed.I have been working on mine 5+years and still don't have all those lines.Talk about lucking out on the first try.

WOW! EEs get comments, but someone asking for input on their Lavender Ameraucanas on the Lavender Ameraucana thread doesn't get responded to. Strange. :idunno

we can't offer much help. they are still young. we need picture of birds standing from the side front top back. holding a bird gives us no idea what the bird really looks like. we need to see the birds in natural stances to evaluate for type.

what I can see looks fine but I can't offer breeding help I don't know what they look like....sorry.

Back
Top Bottom