Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

I am looking for a place to either get chicks or eggs to hatch. Any suggestions of places to get the Lavender Ameraucana? Or anyone near Iowa lol

I am in Sparland IL.I go to the sale barn in Kewaunee IL often.Not sure where in Iowa you are but look up Kewaunee and see how far you are.We could meet or I ship chicks and eggs.

I am in Sparland IL.I go to the sale barn in Kewaunee IL often.Not sure where in Iowa you are but look up Kewaunee and see how far you are.We could meet or I ship chicks and eggs.

I am an hour and a half from kewanee and two hours from sparland. I'd be interested in what you have for sale.

What age were your hens when they laid their first egg? Mine are 8 months old and haven't 'pinked up' yet. The males are ready, but the hens seem to be slower to develop. We are anxiously waiting, but with cold weather coming on I'm afraid the shorter days will keep them from laying until spring. What do you think?

What age were your hens when they laid their first egg? Mine are 8 months old and haven't 'pinked up' yet. The males are ready, but the hens seem to be slower to develop. We are anxiously waiting, but with cold weather coming on I'm afraid the shorter days will keep them from laying until spring. What do you think?

Mine started at 7 months, but were born the end of February and started laying in September. If they don't start soon I would guess you wouldn't see eggs until Spring, like Pips & Peeps said. Mine are from John Blehm. Different lines may take different times too.

I've got three 5 week old Lavender Ameracaunas. Can you tell me your thoughts on gender? This is my favorite, Cosette.

This is Hennesy. She feathered out more quickly than the others and is the only one of the three with a tail. The blue on her head is pen mark.

I was told that the AM birds that grew their tails faster were girls, the ones with no tails were boys. I only had one boy who went against that theory (and also wing feather sexed as girl) - so I would guess top boy, bottom girl. Your other one with no tail - boy also. I didn't have any girls with no tails. Even the questionable one with a tail turned out to be a girl. This has always held true in my EEs also.

It is hard to see their legs in the photos, but I found my cockerels had much thicker legs. One of my cockerels feathered in very quickly and had a tail at a young age (I thought he was female for weeks). I ended out keeping him.

Back
Top Bottom