Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

First feathered legs, now a single comb! So, I'm guessing that at least some of my Lav's came from the Orpington route...

On another note, from my first hatch (not from my personal flock) I have a crooked beak and a split wing. The crooked beak (which first developed right around 3 weeks) is now starting to develop into a scissor beak. I've done some reading and overall it seems that it is unknown the cause of crooked beak? Also, the split wing chick had to be helped out. I'm assuming it is just due to malpositioning in the egg. I have had really strange hatches this year... One hatch, 7/8 male, more splashes than you would think are genetically possible, and now all these weird crop-outs in the Lavs!

First feathered legs, now a single comb! So, I'm guessing that at least some of my Lav's came from the Orpington route...

On another note, from my first hatch (not from my personal flock) I have a crooked beak and a split wing. The crooked beak (which first developed right around 3 weeks) is now starting to develop into a scissor beak. I've done some reading and overall it seems that it is unknown the cause of crooked beak? Also, the split wing chick had to be helped out. I'm assuming it is just due to malpositioning in the egg. I have had really strange hatches this year... One hatch, 7/8 male, more splashes than you would think are genetically possible, and now all these weird crop-outs in the Lavs!

Genetics are strange sometimes. Percentages were always done on a thousand and then rounded to the nearest percentage. Small lots can be really lopsided. I have suspected lav orpington in some lines but no confirmation. Feather legs I have not had pop up.

Genetics are strange sometimes. Percentages were always done on a thousand and then rounded to the nearest percentage. Small lots can be really lopsided. I have suspected lav orpington in some lines but no confirmation. Feather legs I have not had pop up.
Right, not sure where the feathered legs came from, but not chicks hatched from my birds! But the single comb... Well, unless its a genetic mutation, I'm pretty sure it was just a crop-out! It's very interesting to see what hatches from my own birds. Can't wait to grow them out and see what I get.

Back
Top Bottom