Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Hi all! My first lavenders are starting to develop or not develop combs. So could you take a look and help me guess on sex? I only have two. They are from P. Smith and are 8 weeks old now. My camera makes the combs look red but they are only slightly fleshy pink in the sun light. I originally thought pullets but I'm thinking #1 might be a roo.

1. Little Foot

2. LeLu

Hi all! My first lavenders are starting to develop or not develop combs. So could you take a look and help me guess on sex? I only have two. They are from P. Smith and are 8 weeks old now. My camera makes the combs look red but they are only slightly fleshy pink in the sun light. I originally thought pullets but I'm thinking #1 might be a roo.

1. Little Foot

2. LeLu

The first one is a cockerel for sure.... not as sure on the second but I think it is a cockerel too.... got a better shot of the comb?

The pinkness of the comb makes me think still cockerel.  If you can get a better picture.

I'll try tomorrow. She better be a pullet otherwise it looks like one pullet out of ten Ameraucana chicks.

I just can't seem to get hens. I've had nine Roos out of 10 chicks (3 different batches of various breeds). :( I just started with chickens this January and still have no for sure pullets. I'm starting to think I'm cursed.

Lucy is from redbud farm in Nc. I think the picture of her on the previous page make her look a little blue. She is really a nice lavender color in really life. The other chick is a cockerel from another nc farm and is currently searching for a new home. I am confused by LeLu. I think pullet, otherwise I have two cockerels.
This is another picture of Lucy.

I'll try tomorrow. She better be a pullet otherwise it looks like one pullet out of ten Ameraucana chicks.

I just can't seem to get hens. I've had nine Roos out of 10 chicks (3 different batches of various breeds). :( I just started with chickens this January and still have no for sure pullets. I'm starting to think I'm cursed.

I know the feeling. I have 3 welsummers, and 4 buff Orpingtons. I ended up with 2 pullets and 5 cockerels. I am so sorry you have so many cockerels. I hatched 14 eggs of 18 and live in fear they will be all cockerels.

I have 6 lavenders and hope I have a couple of pullets out of the group.

Lucy is from redbud farm in Nc. I think the picture of her on the previous page make her look a little blue. She is really a nice lavender color in really life. The other chick is a cockerel from another nc farm and is currently searching for a new home. I am confused by LeLu. I think pullet, otherwise I have two cockerels.
This is another picture of Lucy.
Sorry it looks like a cockerel to me.

The pinkness of the comb makes me think still cockerel.  If you can get a better picture.

Sometimes that's just the way it falls. Frustrating, yes, but keep trying it eventually it will turn around.
I've had some hatches mostly cockerels, and others mostly pullets. This spring, I bought the most expensive eggs I've ever purchased. They were shipped, so I was very pleased that 7 hatched. Every single one is a cockerel! These are not lavenders, though. I guess there's always next spring....

Back
Top Bottom