Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

From the pics, they are barred like the feathers. Not true slate. There should be zero pink. I do not think it is possible for a barred bird to ever have slate legs per genetic rules. I have a few barred Ameraucanas as well.

Does the barring fix the fretted feathers and can you get back to LA? I know you can cross with black amer. Thanks.

No effect on fretting . Can be sexed at hatch like barred rock by the size of the head spot . You can make sex links by using a non barred rooster over barred hens . Only cockerels will have the head spot and be barred . So yes you can get back to lavender . A lavender rooster over lavender cuckoo hens will give you lavender pullets and single barred cockerels .

A little off topic but I thought I would share photos of my lavender cuckoo project . Look at those dark legs . Some said you could not have slate legs with sex linked barring .
Hi Jerry. Thanks for sharing your progress with us!!! I ALWAYS love to see what you are working on. Very cool birds.

Will my bearded/muffed roo pass this on to the chicks over my unbearded/unmuffed hen? OR, does my unmuffed/unbearded hen mean she is not pure lavender ameraucana and I should get another one? Percentage of mix in chicks?

Will my bearded/muffed roo pass this on to the chicks over my unbearded/unmuffed hen? OR, does my unmuffed/unbearded hen mean she is not pure lavender ameraucana and I should get another one? Percentage of mix in chicks?

Another one would be best . Percentages depends on your bearded parent if he has 2 beard genes or 1 . Beards are a dominant trait . So if he has 2 copies 100% beards carrying 1 copy . If he has1 copy and mated to a non bearded then 50% bearded with 1 copy and 50% non bearded .

Back
Top Bottom