Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

You were right...he started crowing this morning!

I was planning to call my DH at work for April Fools day and tell him the Lav had started crowing, and the little cockeral ruined my joke!
lol.png

Lol, silly boy!

I put a post in buy/sell/trade for my boy. He doesn't crow all day long, but he does crow at dawn. I need to find him a home before I get a complaint...:(
I listed him for $40 obo...

Here he is today:

Update: my boy has a new home! 3 acres and ladies! Woohoo!

:lol:

Last edited:
Question: When your babies start to feather in, how long does it take for the beard and muffs to show up? My 2 girls are 5 weeks old and almost fully feathered in, but I see no signs of beard/muffs on either one. As newborn chicks, their faces looked pretty fluffy, but now they look pretty clean-faced. I hope they are still going to grow in some fluff! I will try to post some pics later.

Question: When your babies start to feather in, how long does it take for the beard and muffs to show up? My 2 girls are 5 weeks old and almost fully feathered in, but I see no signs of beard/muffs on either one. As newborn chicks, their faces looked pretty fluffy, but now they look pretty clean-faced. I hope they are still going to grow in some fluff! I will try to post some pics later. 

Huh... I am confused and would definitely like to see some pics... do you have pics of them as chicks too?

Mine never 'lost' their muffs and beards, that is why I am confused... :/

Some go through a stage where the beard seems to go away .If the beard was there as chicks they will show up later . Kind of a ugly duckling stage right now .

Do any of you feed fermented feed? How do you keep the other birds from picking the feed that gets stuck in their beards out? My EE hen has had her beard "shaved" off competely and my lavender roo is losing his!

Ok, here's what my kids looked like at a few days old. I thought it looked like they had the makings of a beard, and OMG those cheeks...

and this is what they look like today, at 5 weeks. I don't see anything like a beard.

Should I be worried?

Ok, here's what my kids looked like at a few days old. I thought it looked like they had the makings of a beard, and OMG those cheeks...

and this is what they look like today, at 5 weeks. I don't see anything like a beard.

Should I be worried?
They should have some sort of semblance of a beard at this age.. Could they be plucking? They definitely look bearded as chicks.

Back
Top Bottom