Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

here's me n my wifes new ams from mr smith lavs n blacks n wheaten n blue wheaten

I've got 6 lav girls from two different breedings, only one lays a greenish egg, the others are a very light (almost white) color down to a soft baby blue. They are the funniest variety, one is always trying to get away from the roo, one refuses to lay in the nest box, and a couple have to be in the box at the same time.
I have one that has no beard or muff, but lays the best color of egg, is the beard and muff missing an issue or will it not show up on the offspring? I've not been using her in the breeding pens cause I'm not sure.
Opinions are appreciated.

One of my Lav Chicks. I purchased 10 yesterday from am ABC breeder. They are beautiful. My phones pictures do not do them or their color much justice. The parents of these chicks were a beautiful even shade of lavender. I also purchased black Ameraucanas from show quality stock from a few breeders this spring so I can create new lavenders by using a really nice Lav roo over the black pullets and using the resulting splits to create some (hopefully) nice Lavs so I have a couple breeding pens of them that aren't too closely related. I am very excited about this new project. I love Lavender birds. We have a hatch of Lav Orps hatching this week too and previous chicks in the brooder.

Ameraucanas are Just is a really fun breed, and variety to work with!!

I've got 6 lav girls from two different breedings, only one lays a greenish egg, the others are a very light (almost white) color down to a soft baby blue. They are the funniest variety, one is always trying to get away from the roo, one refuses to lay in the nest box, and a couple have to be in the box at the same time. I have one that has no beard or muff, but lays the best color of egg, is the beard and muff missing an issue or will it not show up on the offspring? I've not been using her in the breeding pens cause I'm not sure. Opinions are appreciated.
Are you certain the muff/beard is missing? Often there's one or two hens who get "picked on" (literally). She may have just had it picked off.

i bought "Lavender Ameraucana" hatching eggs. These are what I hatched. My friend says "they are not true bred", because they are rumpless. She said they've been crossed with Aracuana. However, googled images of "Lavender Ameraucana" do show a rumpless variety. HELP! PS I think they're both Cockerels, your guesses? Thanks!

i bought "Lavender Ameraucana" hatching eggs. These are what I hatched. My friend says "they are not true bred", because they are rumpless. She said they've been crossed with Aracuana. However, googled images of "Lavender Ameraucana" do show a rumpless variety. HELP! PS I think they're both Cockerels, your guesses? Thanks!

They both have tails that are coming in from what I can see in the photos- If they were "rumpless" their tail areas would be a lot more rounded with no signs of tail feathers coming in as yours have
wink.png

In both photos I see what looks to be a pullet on the right and a cockerel on the left

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom