Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

I was able to get some lovely bantam lavenders from John earlier this year.

I have a very uninformed (stupid) question! Some of my lavender ams are very small. How are bantams made? Is it just by choosing the smallest stock?
idunno.gif
I am not ashamed to ask when I don't know!

I have a very uninformed (stupid) question! Some of my lavender ams are very small. How are bantams made? Is it just by choosing the smallest stock?
idunno.gif
I am not ashamed to ask when I don't know!

That would take a long time . Usually you use other bantams . In the case of Ameraucana the bantams were created first and then large fowl .
John used black AM bantams and lavender Old English and Lavender D'Anvers . He used the bantam AM on black large fowl to create the lavender large fowl. I have crossed bantam and large fowl in the past . You can breed up or down to the desired size .

Since I have my pics out today, thought I would post. Got some eggs this summer and only had one Lavender hatch and it is a cockerel. He is a sweetie though and I hope to find a girl or two for him to hang out with. Even though he is lavender I call him BlueBoy. By the way he is Bantam.

Here he is at @ 3 months

and at @4months he looks like a scruffy teenager

Last edited:
I was suppose to get 3 pullets from the breeder, but i believe i have a roo in the bunch. He/she is 8-10 wks old. What do you all think? (The photos are all the same bird)

Hey all! I finally got somewhat settled in my new home here in SE Missouri and I love it! I did just get a handsome Lav Am cockerel and he's been wonderful. Only thing is, he's lonely! He misses his flock mates. Besides, I promised him his own harem of young ladies. So, I am actively seeking, in order of preference:

Lavender Ameraucana pullets
Young Lavender Ameracana hens
Lavender Ameraucana hen chicks
Lavender Ameraucana straight run chicks
Lavender Ameraucana hatching eggs as a last resort since I don't have an incubator yet. )-;

If you have any or can refer me, please reply here or send me a pm. TIA

ALSO WANTED: Swedish landrace Hedemora chicks, pullets and/or 1 cockerel/young roo.

Keep in mind, I live just above the NE section of Arkansas.

Hey all! I finally got somewhat settled in my new home here in SE Missouri and I love it! I did just get a handsome Lav Am cockerel and he's been wonderful. Only thing is, he's lonely! He misses his flock mates. Besides, I promised him his own harem of young ladies. So, I am actively seeking, in order of preference:

Lavender Ameraucana pullets
Young Lavender Ameracana hens
Lavender Ameraucana hen chicks
Lavender Ameraucana straight run chicks
Lavender Ameraucana hatching eggs as a last resort since I don't have an incubator yet. )-;

If you have any or can refer me, please reply here or send me a pm. TIA

ALSO WANTED: Swedish landrace Hedemora chicks, pullets and/or 1 cockerel/young roo.

Keep in mind, I live just above the NE section of Arkansas.

Where did you get the young Roo, I have been looking for one and really need one from a different breeder than where my Pullets came from. I live up near St. Louis, but I'm down in Farmington/ Sainte Genevieve all the time in Missouri

Back
Top Bottom