Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

I feel sure it was just the cock I used. When I started breeding him to his daughters white chicks would pop up.....only very rarely. I have had them for 4 years.or more and I only have 4 and one is a hen I have had for 2 or 3 years. The others are under a year old and I am sure they are from my hen and the cock. They will pop up again. Just because they are not the expected color does not make them anything but white ameraucanas. They are pure and to the standard.

BTW... since Lavenders are NOT admitted to the APA and Whites are they are more correct :)

Last edited:
My lavenders throw whites. They came direct from Harry Shaffer and he didn't have an answer as to how that happened. I know it was coming from his birds they were the main birds I kept. I know have 2 pair of whites to work with and see what I get. I sold my cock with FULL disclosure about the recessive white. I am curious as to what will express the white or the lavender if I get chicks with BOTH sets of genes.

I believe you have just solved a problem for me. I hatched white chicks last year and had no idea where they came from. I had BBS and Lav eggs in the incubator and unfortunately, I did not separate or remember which was which. I gave the babies away, and was shocked when I was told I had two white ones. I hope they do not do that every time. I am putting a black with him this year, so at least I will get something I can work with. I only have the one Lav rooster and one hen. These were P Smith birds.

I feel sure it was just the cock I used. When I started breeding him to his daughters white chicks would pop up.....only very rarely. I have had them for 4 years.or more and I only have 4 and one is a hen I have had for 2 or 3 years. The others are under a year old and I am sure they are from my hen and the cock. They will pop up again. Just because they are not the expected color does not make them anything but white ameraucanas. They are pure and to the standard.

BTW... since Lavenders are NOT admitted to the APA and Whites are they are more correct :)

:frow

We'll find out if it's him anyways... :)

I'm the one who bought DMRippy's Shaffer cock, and yes, she gave FULL disclosure... I am curious to see if the white comes out from breeding his daughters from my hens back to him...

Last edited:
Quote: I still have the whites and a few Lavs and Splits so I would like to see if the white pops up in what I have left. I think it was just him and his sister at first then him and his daughters.... rec white takes 2 so he was my only breeder. I am going to pen the whites up and see what I get. Not many people have whites so they might be good to work with. Keep us informed what you get!

I believe you have just solved a problem for me. I hatched white chicks last year and had no idea where they came from. I had BBS and Lav eggs in the incubator and unfortunately, I did not separate or remember which was which. I gave the babies away, and was shocked when I was told I had two white ones. I hope they do not do that every time. I am putting a black with him this year, so at least I will get something I can work with. I only have the one Lav rooster and one hen. These were P Smith birds.
I had a white chick from some of Paul's bloodline . I think it got into his lavenders through some new blood . I considered it a bonus . I now have a start on some whites . It is a pullet .

I had a white chick from some of Paul's bloodline . I think it got into his lavenders through some new blood . I considered it a bonus . I now have a start on some whites . It is a pullet .

That was exactly what I was thinking. Another variety.....another pen. I will be keeping my future babies for a while to see what I have before I let someone else have them. I am just glad to know how they happened. The lady that had them was going to do that but they both turned out to be roos.

Last edited:
I still have the whites and a few Lavs and Splits so I would like to see if the white pops up in what I have left.  I think it was just him and his sister at first then him and his daughters.... rec white takes 2 so he was my only breeder.  I am going to pen the whites up and see what I get.  Not many people have whites so they might be good to work with.  Keep us informed what you get!

Will do! :)

That was kinda my thinking!  SCORE!

Yeah, I said that... my OH just glared at me... :oops: :gig

Back
Top Bottom