Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Will do!
smile.png

Yeah, I said that... my OH just glared at me...
hide.gif
gig.gif
Some things you do not talk about. He will figure it out when I start on the next pen..........
clap.gif

You are all talking about white feather genes hiding in your lavs but has anyone ever heard of our found an ameraucana to be hiding a white egg gene? I have a beautiful young pullet who's a total mutt but she almost looks like a lavender ameraucana. Her grandma was a huge hen that was brahma x blue copper marans and laid a super dark egg, darker than my pure Marans at the time. Her mother was 1/4 brahma, 3/4 blue copper marans and still laid that super dark egg. I bred her mother to the lavender ameraucana cockerel that I had at the time expecting an incredible olive egg....she lays a normal colored brown egg. I'm assuming that her dad was carrying a white egg gene. Anyone ever heard of something like this or know how that's possible?

Last edited:
You are all talking about white feather genes hiding in your lavs but has anyone ever heard of our found an ameraucana to be hiding a white egg gene? I have a beautiful young pullet who's a total mutt but she almost looks like a lavender ameraucana. Her grandma was a huge hen that was brahma x blue copper marans and laid a super dark egg, darker than my pure Marans at the time. Her mother was 1/4 brahma, 3/4 blue copper marans and still laid that super dark egg. I bred her mother to the lavender ameraucana cockerel that I had at the time expecting an incredible olive egg....she lays a normal colored brown egg. I'm assuming that her dad was carrying a white egg gene. Anyone ever heard of something like this or know how that's possible?

Marans lay white eggs. Ams COULD carry the white egg gene and blue egg gene since blue is dominate. It takes lots of genes to make those dark eggs so they have just gotten lost.

Back
Top Bottom