Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Does anyone know where I can buy Ameraucana chicks? I have been searching since January they are so hard to find! Thank you.

I live in Central PA, yes lavender would be best , but any color will do
Later I will have black/lavender breeding pen set up . Hens are currently being used for another project for myself . I will put a Lavender rooster over them later . I will have to recheck PA but I have shipped there before . Could have changed rules . There will be Lavenders hatch as the hens carry Lavender .

I live in Central PA, yes lavender would be best , but any color will do
There is an exotic sale today at Schuylkill Haven, Renninger's Flea Market. There must be at least 500 birds there as told to me by the fellow that bought all my Orpingtons today. There will also be an exotic sale next Week on Saturday at the Green Dragon, Ephrata, Pa but check and call Friday evening which is their regular poultry sale. Then there is also exotic sale at Roots, Manheim, Pa but don;t know the date. There is also a sale at the Bloomsburg Fair grounds but don;t know the date of that either, this is usually show breeders that sell at auction here. There are also at least 2 breeders of Lavenders in Central Pa, can;t remember their name right now.

Last edited:
Beth, where are you from?...I am in Texas and I have found a lady who raises Lavs...I am ordering 25 from her , she said they should be here the end of April.....If this falls through I don't know of anyone else either.....But if I do get them, I will certainly let you know....That's about the best I can do for you....Not many lav . Americauna raiser out there.....I may start as there are a lot of people asking for them....

Foul Stuff, why would anyone be out of chicks this time of year?....Do the hens just stop laying or what...This is springtime, I thought all hens lay eggs this time of year and hatch out chicks.....Why would the breeders be " out for the year"?......I am not trying to be sarcastic in any way so please don't take it that way...I just wonder why there are no more for the year???.....Why is everyone out this time of year other than selling what they have....There are very few places that sell Lavander Americaunas in chicks or eggs....Can you tell me why?

Good breeders sell out early, with pre-orders for months ahead....that would be my guess (having been on waiting lists for various breeds before).
My thoughts exactly, buckabucka. Many of the breeders have already announced that their waiting list is full so any chick produced now go to fill those pre-orders.

I do understand. I was in the same position last year - worse, actually, since I was looking for chicks in May! John Blehm of Fowl Stuff did manage to get a box of late season chicks for me at the end of May to get me started in bantam Ameraucana (including lavs) and it's been full steam ahead since then. I don't know whether to thank him or curse him! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom