Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Fowlstuff, thank you so much for your reply...I just did not understand, Now I do....Your explanation was very good....

I'm not out of chicks. I'm just Sold Out of some or most by this time of the year. It's kinda what the others already said, but I'll add a little.
I start accepting orders for chicks in June to be shipped the following year...March, April and May. Some of my orders do start coming in, in June and those are on the top of my list. Those that wait until after the 1st of the year to order are near the bottom. I only have room for so many birds and that means limited hatches of chicks. I hate to accept orders for specific varieties and not be able to fill those orders, so when I feel I've gotten enough orders for a variety I say I'm "Sold Out". Of course I should still hatch some more of those varieties and those chicks are included as part of Hatchery Choice & Surplus orders or sold locally as leftovers with my "rejects".
I try to fill the first orders first, but depending on what is ordered and what hatches they don't always get filled first. After I've filled all the orders for specific varieties that I can I start filling Hatchery Choice and Surplus orders if possible. These are great opportunities for some great deals.

They are great deals indeed, but even the specific varieties are great deals, because you can get exactly what you want. Large hatcheries have a lot more flexibility around what and when they have chicks available, but small hatcheries have the neat stuff, and the high quality stuff. It can indeed be harder to buy from some places, they sometimes have very strict policies or long waiting lists, but sourcing great stock is worth the extra effort.

Everyone that wants Fowlstuff's special stock should really consider placing their orders early. In our "instant gratification" world, it seems out of place to order baby chicks so far in advance, but is it really that different than other things we want that we must wait a long time for?

Poultrybonkers, I just noticed you have a variety of different chickens...I am only interested in the Lav. Ameracaunas........Is this what you are hatching?

I won them from someone on here....if they do hatch I'm keeping them for breeding next year. As i will be moving my sexlinks to there own coop and my seramas have their own coop as I don't want mixes.

I have 16 in my bator due easter eve hoping half of them hatch. :)

If you don't get a good hatch, please make sure you send me a PM... :)

I won them from someone on here....if they do hatch I'm keeping them for breeding next year. As i will be moving my sexlinks to there own coop and my seramas have their own coop as I don't want mixes.

Also, I fixed my B&E issue with the EE's, so if you get those please still PM me...

If you don't get a good hatch, please make sure you send me a PM... :)
Also, I fixed my B&E issue with the EE's, so if you get those please still PM me...

I have a feeling I will get a better hatch rate then my last shipped eggs were out of 12 none hatched or were fertile most of these eggs are growing nicely.

What good are the bantams other than pets? Since the eggs are very small?
Space is one reason people pick bantams. Others just love the uniqueness of small chickens. We eat the eggs they taste like eggs, you might need to eat 2 or 3 to make one egg but they are so cute!

Back
Top Bottom