Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

You can see they come out in force when I post the facts, but what they say does not change reality. Lavender and self blue are only the same according to the APA/ABA and those that choose to agree with them.
Once again, most of the world that doesn't adhere to North American APA/ABA Standards knows that lavender and self blue are two completely different varieties both genetically and phenotypically.
Sure they continue claiming the two varieties are the same, but words have meanings that are defined in dictionaries and lavender is not the same as blue even if the blue is self blue...and that is besides the points I made about genotype and phenotype.

You can see they come out in force when I post the facts, but what they say does not change reality.

By "they", I assume you are including the Alliances honorary Vice President, who also disagrees with your contentions?

"Location: Western Wisconsin

As Leonard stated they are one and the same. "

Last edited:
As my father, a retired Army colonel, awarded the Bronze Star two times, Green Beret, and survivor at Pearl Harbor, once told me, "it doesn't make sense to fight the battle, when the war is already won."

With or without your consent or approval, John, the petition for approval of self blue will move forward in spite of all you've done to stop it, for the betterment of the breed and to the benefit of those that want to further promote and improve the variety.

Last edited:
As my father, a retired Army colonel, awarded the Bronze Startwo times, Green Beret, and survivor at Pearl Harbor, once told me, "it doesn't make sense to fight the battle, when the war is already won."

With or without your consent or approval, John, the petition for approval of self blue will move forward in spite of all you've done to stop it, for the betterment of the breed and to the benefit of those that want to further promote and improve the variety.

Its an honor to have your father serve our country. Thank you for sharing that. That was deep.

OK, I am not in it for the money. I have sold very few birds since about 2008 because of the gypsy's that started to promote them for a fast dollar and some of them would love the APA would accept them. So if one wants to call them "Self Blue" that is fine but this thread is "Lavender" and not self blue as such. So hopefully the perfectionist will do such and start a new thread that is "Self Blue" . I could care less if they are accepted or not.
goodpost.gif
goodpost.gif
goodpost.gif

Update on the off colored chick hatched from my Lavs...

@jerryse is he turning out like you thought it would? Do you think he's something to cull or is there anything he might be useful for? I appreciate any insight on this... :)

Back
Top Bottom