Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Update on the off colored chick hatched from my Lavs...

@jerryse is he turning out like you thought it would? Do you think he's something to cull or is there anything he might be useful for? I appreciate any insight on this...
smile.png
IF he has white in his genes.... and you decide you don't need him I will take him for my whites I am playing with.

Can someone please give me some help. I am looking at getting the Lavender Ameraucana and would like to know what am I looking for in a good quality pair. Like the coloring and feathers. example pictures would be great as well. The ones I am looking at are about 6-7 weeks right now.

Also when looking at the parents what should i be looking for to make sure I am getting chicks from good stock?

Thank you for your help.

Can someone please give me some help. I am looking at getting the Lavender Ameraucana and would like to know what am I looking for in a good quality pair. Like the coloring and feathers. example pictures would be great as well. The ones I am looking at are about 6-7 weeks right now.

Also when looking at the parents what should i be looking for to make sure I am getting chicks from good stock?

Thank you for your help.

There are a couple of pictures here http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/gallery.html

Click on the "Large Fowl AOV" tab. There is a pic of a self-blue/lavender chick and one of a pullet.

Ok we have decieded that we would like to breed the Lavenders. My kids like them best of all. So now to find someone who is willing to sell me some chicks or eggs. My mom have a broody hen so we want to get them under her soon. Now the fun part to find a breeder how has hatching eggs and is willing to ship them to So Cal.

Ok we have decieded that we would like to breed the Lavenders. My kids like them best of all. So now to find someone who is willing to sell me some chicks or eggs. My mom have a broody hen so we want to get them under her soon. Now the fun part to find a breeder how has hatching eggs and is willing to ship them to So Cal.
It is a good time to place an order for day-old chicks to arrive early next year and maybe get on a waiting list for hatching eggs, but most breeders don't have breeding pens set up this time of year. Naturally hatching is a late winter/early spring thing.
Some may have extra started birds yet for sale and if they haven't already, most breeders will keep culling thru late summer and fall so they only have the breeders and exhibition birds left that they want to house and feed thru the winter.
http://ameraucanaalliance.org/DnLd/Directory.pdf

It is a good time to place an order for day-old chicks to arrive early next year and maybe get on a waiting list for hatching eggs, but most breeders don't have breeding pens set up this time of year. Naturally hatching is a late winter/early spring thing.
Some may have extra started birds yet for sale and if they haven't already, most breeders will keep culling thru late summer and fall so they only have the breeders and exhibition birds left that they want to house and feed thru the winter.
http://ameraucanaalliance.org/DnLd/Directory.pdf

@FowlStuff Thank you for the information. I have contacted a few breeders on the list to see about getting on their waiting lists for next years hatches. It is too hot to be shipping birds to So Cal as so eggs were our best bet to get chicks sooner rather than later. But it looks like we will just have to wait for next years hatches.

You can find breeders here, by name: ameraucanabreedersclub.org/docs/breedersdirectory_2015.pdf

or here, by state: ameraucanabreedersclub.org/docs/breedersdirectory_2015_state.pdf

Look for those breeders who breed "self-blue", as they are not listed as lavender on our site. :)

You can also go to the online directory and sort by any column. Just double click on the column heading you want to sort by. For example, if you want to search for "self-blue", double click on the "LF Other" column to see all the breeders that list the non-APA standard varieties. Online Breeders Club Directory

The Ameraucana Breeders Club is approaching 300 members and a little more than half are listed on the breeders directory, so it's a good source for Ameraucana breeders all over the country.

You can find breeders here, by name: ameraucanabreedersclub.org/docs/breedersdirectory_2015.pdf

or here, by state: ameraucanabreedersclub.org/docs/breedersdirectory_2015_state.pdf

Look for those breeders who breed "self-blue", as they are not listed as lavender on our site. :)

You can also go to the online directory and sort by any column. Just double click on the column heading you want to sort by. For example, if you want to search for "self-blue", double click on the "LF Other" column to see all the breeders that list the non-APA standard varieties. Online Breeders Club Directory

The Ameraucana Breeders Club is approaching 300 members and a little more than half are listed on the breeders directory, so it's a good source for Ameraucana breeders all over the country.

Thank you so much. I have been on that site and have contacted a few of them. Just waiting for reply's. You have been so helpful with my relentless questions on the breed and breeders.

When trying to sex nine week old lavender chicks, is it best to go by the comb? Or is it still too early? All their feathers look pretty much the same.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom