Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

I love all of your lavenders!
Are they a recognized color yet?

Quote:

The self-blue/lavender variety is pending acceptance by the APA. The petition was submitted by the ABC this past January and accepted unanimously by the APA Board of Directors at their annual meeting in Modesto, CA. Now we just have to meet the show requirements for the Standards Committee to make their recommendation. This process can take anywhere from 2-5 years.

OK, because right now I'm sitting there thinking out of the 14 I have 10 of them were roo's.... I'm hoping I wasn't that unlucky

Not saying that couldn't happen, cuz it really can unfortunately... but Am's are one of the most difficult breeds to sex early, except Silkies, lol... I found it's best not to analyze them daily... don't look closely at them for a few days then look again as unbiased as possible... you might be surprised... :)

Some of my lavenders from this spring.

When trying to sex nine week old lavender chicks, is it best to go by the comb? Or is it still too early? All their feathers look pretty much the same.
Thanks

Feathers look the same for a couple more months. I was able to sex my Lavenders accurately at @ 3.5 month by the comb. I was not till later that the hackle and saddle feathers were obvious.

I am so excited to be joining the Lavender Club!! I have 12 shipped eggs that are on day 4 and 4 more that are being delivered (hand carried not shipped) tomorrow. Hopefully I will end up with a nice breeding trio out of them all.

Back
Top Bottom