Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Do you get the feeling that the opposition is still trying to drag my name thru the dirt with their continued insinuations?
If anyone has questions about the club and breed's history, just join the club and you'll receive the Ameraucana Handbook I mentioned that will answer many of them. Of course Alliance members also have many other resources available to them and dues start at just $10 per year!
cool.png
I'm working on joining up now. I made my payment via paypal first thing this am, but emailed a question before emailing in the application form. Waiting for a reply from Gina now so I can scan it in and email it.

The truth matters, but that doesn't halt the insinuations.
If anyone has questions about the club and breed's history, just join us and you'll receive the Ameraucana Handbook I mentioned that will answer many of them. Of course Alliance members also have many other resources available to them and dues start at just $10 per year!
cool.png

Thank you for quoting that, John. So you are admitting that you received your start in bantams from Mike Gilbert, one year after they were accepted by the ABA?

Sooooo.... I'm hoping to not stir up politics (as I don't have time to read the whole thread and don't really know whats going on in here.
fl.gif
) but I was just hoping to find someone that can point me in the direction of a Lavender Ameraucana... pullet chick or hen... Thanks!

Sooooo.... I'm hoping to not stir up politics (as I don't have time to read the whole thread and don't really know whats going on in here. :fl ) but I was just hoping to find someone that can point me in the direction of a Lavender Ameraucana... pullet chick or hen... Thanks!

I don't know of any that will sell a single chick, unless it's an accidental singleton... have you tried your state thread? Anything that isn't local will also have additional cost for shipping and the shipping box, just fyi...

I don't know of any that will sell a single chick, unless it's an accidental singleton... have you tried your state thread? Anything that isn't local will also have additional cost for shipping and the shipping box, just fyi...

There aren't any in my state that I have found. I know chicks won't go alone and that there are shipping costs, but most breeders I've talked to don't have that same order minimum for hen's... but they also don't have any available!

Jen, You have some of that correct. John/Jack Fugate worked on bantam buff, but he and others were ready to settle on "black tailed buff" since they weren't able to eliminate the black tails. The standard was already written for "buff" so Mike Gilbert and I started from scratch creating them first. Ralph Brazelton bred bantam white and silver Easter Eggers and that history is documented also. I know there is a movement to rewrite some the Ameraucana history by some that weren't there as it was happening. Much of the history is recorded in our Ameraucana Handbook, by Mike...and he lived it.
John, I am unaware of any 'movement to rewrite history', I am going off of what I have read in archives that were written as it was happening and old articles, posts and info I have managed to dig up... I prefer to research everything I can from all different sides to correlate information for myself... while I am not adverse to talking with anyone, I would prefer to be able to read the rest of that history first... personally, I feel history should be available to all and being urged to pay a due for something written recently is not what I am interested in...

There aren't any in my state that I have found. I know chicks won't go alone and that there are shipping costs, but most breeders I've talked to don't have that same order minimum for hen's... but they also don't have any available!

Timing... at this time of the season, most breeders only have the pullets and/or hens that they are using currently to breed from... I would check for any upcoming poultry shows in your area that breeders might be attending and see if any might have one they would be willing to bring there for sale... otherwise, you can look through the breeders lists for any breeders that might have any more towards summer/fall that they will be selling off...

Timing... at this time of the season, most breeders only have the pullets and/or hens that they are using currently to breed from... I would check for any upcoming poultry shows in your area that breeders might be attending and see if any might have one they would be willing to bring there for sale... otherwise, you can look through the breeders lists for any breeders that might have any more towards summer/fall that they will be selling off...

Ok, thank you! I will keep that in mind!

John,

I am unaware of any 'movement to rewrite history', I am going off of what I have read in archives that were written as it was happening and old articles, posts and info I have managed to dig up... I prefer to research everything I can from all different sides to correlate information for myself... while I am not adverse to talking with anyone, I would prefer to be able to read the rest of that history first... personally, I feel history should be available to all and being urged to pay a due for something written recently is not what I am interested in...
But you do or at least have paid dues to a breed club, so I don't understand expecting something for free that others pay for.
If you are one that believes I should make all my personal club bulletins/newsletters available online for free, someday you may be in luck. It is an idea I've had for several years, but so far other things in life have always been more important. If and when I do I'll be sharing (free) what I paid annual club dues for, for the past 35 years.

Back
Top Bottom