Lavender Ameraucanas, are they purebred?

What are their ages?

"The Ameraucana is an American breed of domestic chicken. It was developed in the United States in the 1970s, and derives from Araucana chickens brought from Chile. It was bred to retain the blue-egg gene but eliminate the lethal alleles of the parent breed."

Breed Standard​

The Ameraucana was accepted to the American Poultry Association in 1984. There is also a bantam Ameraucana which the American Bantam Association accepted in 1979.

The Ameraucana has a red pea comb, as are the wattles. Wattles are on the small side or can be non-existent.

Eyes are a reddish bay color.

Ameraucanas have both beards and muffs. It can be difficult to differentiate between the muffs and beard, but it should be clearer to see close inspection.

The tail should be carried upright almost at 45 degrees to the body.

Depending on the color of the plumage, the legs and feet should be slate blue to black.

There should be four toes on each foot, and the shanks should be clean of feathering. The skin on the bottom of the foot is white, as is the skin of the bird.
They are 8 weeks old.

Yeah if they are 8 weeks, I would say the lavender ones are males and the whitish EE looks more like a pullet to me. The lavenders look very close to pure bred, but like @EmmaRainboe said above, if the whitish one is a product of the parents, then none are pure. The legs shouldn’t be green and single combs would not happen. They are really great birds regardless of gender though! I have two Lav Ameraucana roosters and I adore them both! 😍

Back
Top Bottom