lavender araucana

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by rita2paul, May 27, 2019.

1. rita2paul

rita2paul Songster

Aug 31, 2011
    Gloucestershire
    my silver laced wyandotte has hatched two lavender araucana chicks, they are 3 weeks old now, they seem to be doing a lot of chest bumping i hope this is not a sign of them being two cockerel. when they first hatched i thought hen and cockerel because the one had a a tuft on his head like before when i hatched out araucana. but never noticed chest bumping before.

Attached Files:

2. rita2paul

rita2paul Songster

Aug 31, 2011
    Gloucestershire
    not sure if the photo is working.

Attached Files:

3. Perris

Perris Crowing

Jan 28, 2018
    Gower, Wales
    I had the same this time last year, and was assured that pullets do it too, but both mine turned out boys :barnie . On the bright side, one has turned out to be a very good deputy for the dominant roo, and actually a very attentive father-figure for another new brood, so that cloud definitely had a silver lining :D

4. rita2paul

rita2paul Songster

Aug 31, 2011
    Gloucestershire
    oh dear that was what i was worried about, just took some more photos, hope this will help all you chicken genders people, cock or pullet, i am still think i have one of each as the one is small.

Attached Files:

5. Janechick

Janechick In the Brooder

May 27, 2019
    I have some the same age and clueless. Just posted a thread with photos and would love help too!

rita2paul likes this.
  6. Mybackyardpeepers

Mybackyardpeepers Crowing

Mar 22, 2019
    Michigan
    My older flock did that plus I have some young silkies. They could just be establishing pecking order.

rita2paul likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: