Lavender babies pipping!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Solsken Farm, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

I am very excited. [​IMG]

We have eggs from Shaffer that seem to be contemplating coming out of their shell. I am so happy because the golden cuckoos I incubated along with Harry's eggs are not hatching. I thought perhaps something had spiked or messed up without my realizing it as the cuckoos are on day 23, but now that the Lavs are breaking out, it appears I am going to get some babies this weekend! We are very excited to have some Lavs here. I think they will be beautiful against the green grass and the white snow!

My glasses are broken so I cannot really candle to see what's happening in the eggs that haven't pipped or hatched. I am assuming they are a total bust but will keep them in a different incubator for another day or two. I have never had a zero hatch before and it is especially odd given that the lavs are doing great and they were together in the incubator.

Wish me luck and I will post pictures if I have any luck. The couple that are pipped and seem very active are from blue eggs. Some are greenish and obviously the blue eggs are preferable. There a few eggs that are marked 100% lav. I really hope to see them greet us! Cross your fingers for them.

Oh here's a pic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  2. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    [​IMG]
    Sending good hatching vibes your way.... and thinking purple... Woo-hoo, purple chickens are big this year

(But I prefer your Wheatens!)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009
  3. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Lol, I love the hatching vibe diva. Thanks! We are watching Mama Mia right now and they are singing the voulez vous song. So this is perfect. That can be our hatching song!

I love wheatens too NewChickMom! I can't wait until they start laying. I hatched out a beautiful blue wheaten along with wheaten roos, and both types of girlies, so I am really hoping to get some splashes next round. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by