Lavender Brahma!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Sjisty, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    In mid-January I won an auction for partridge/lavender/champagne Brahmas. Hatching day was yesterday! Check out these beauties -

Five hatched - one lavender (!!!), two creamy buff in color, and two a much lighter cream color. I can't wait to see how they feather in!
    [​IMG]

My lavender guy - sorry for the bad picture.
    [​IMG]

Sleepy time
    [​IMG]

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    take more pics of the lavender one as he grows.. he looks to be Blue(Bl) to me at this stage

3. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    I believe Pearl gray partridge brahma are based on eb(partridge) and the ones you are showing seem to be wheaten based(except for the blue looking one) they could be eWh/eb mix I believe you got a mix run which could mean that none of them will turn out to be lavender at all(but could be hidding it)

here is a Pearl gray partridge brahman bantam
    [​IMG]

4. cjwaldon

cjwaldon Overrun With Chickens

Sep 11, 2011
    Missouri, USA
    My Coop
    I was watching that auction, but my 'bator was already full. I would love to get some champagne brahmas, or even the lavender. They are beautiful!

Sjisty please post pictures as they grow. I am curious which, if any, might be the champagne color?

5. Sjisty

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    I don't know what colors they are going to be, but they are as cute as they can be!

Here they are today, five days old. The two on the right are a very light cream color. There are two slightly darker ones (first and third) with spots on their heads.
    [​IMG]

Little lavender guy in the middle. He/she looks a little washed out, thanks to the flash.
    [​IMG]

My favorite. I have no idea what color this one is, but look at that attitude already!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  6. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    I just don´t see any lavender in them...[​IMG] they could be Heterozygous for lavender(split for lavender) and that could be the reason I can´t see any lavender in them(specially the wheaten looking ones)

7. Sjisty

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Baby's growing up. Feathers are coming in gray/blue/lavender, whatever color it's called!

[​IMG]

8. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

wonder how these guys colored out

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by