Lavender Orp chicks in da house - Pics

Tomhusker

Songster
10 Years
May 28, 2010
Carson, Iowa
I had contacted kathyinmo a couple of weeks ago about getting a pair of Lavender Orp chicks for my wife. Yesterday my wife picked them up in SW Missouri as she was returning from a business trip to Nebraska. Kathy surprised us with a couple of bonus babies and let me tell you, they are some cuties. They arrived at their new home only a little worse for the wear and were introduced to the new brooder. They were a little lethargic, so I boosted them with some sugar water. This got them up and going real well.
I introduced them to the water nipple (not sure what they were on before) and before I went to bed last night they were all 4 using it. The home made feeder works great, tho the chicks seem to want to use it for nesting when they are not eating. We'll have to figure something out for that.
Any way, here are a couple of pics, plus one of my 7 week old favorite Barred Rock Rooster Dave. I can't seem to break out the camera without getting one of him.... or 20. Enjoy.

4 Fuzzy Butts in the new digs.
58919_lavops.jpg

I call this one "Gettin' my snooze on."
58919_snooze.jpg

And Dave... the man of the house.
58919_dave2.jpg

Quote:
I think I mentioned once in another thread that I named Dave after my best buddy, mostly because he hangs around all the chicks, gets little attention from them, is a big dumb animal and I love him to death.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom