Debbie292d

Silkie Mom
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Jul 22, 2021
EC Wisconsin
My Coop
My Coop
For silkies, vitamin deficiencies are always a concern but my breeder says she only gives them Hydro Hen and doesn't bother with vitamins above their grower feed. Twice now, out of 20+ chicks of hers, two of them were twitching heads and jumpy. I used Nutra Drench in their water for one day which improved it. I've grown to a routine of alternating one day of fresh water, Day 2 Hydro Hen, and Day 3 they get Nutra Drench, then back to fresh water again, regardless if they're my chicks or someone else.

HOWEVER! I was on Chewy today ordering crumbles and they've got lots of supplements on sale. I see this one appears to me to be basically Hydro Hen and vitamins rolled into one. Rooster Booster Vitamins & Electrolyes Lacto Bacillus Poultry Supplement.
1701010264885.png

Anyone use this? To me, it seems like a no-brainer if I just alternate water and this product for a couple of days and call it good.

I went ahead and ordered it. I'm going to try this out instead of giving them the two other things. It sure sounds like it would simplify the things I do.

Back
Top Bottom