1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lavender Orp chicks/pullets or hens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kaitlyn_rae2003, May 18, 2011.

1. kaitlyn_rae2003

kaitlyn_rae2003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    Laconia NH
    Just hoping someone with a flock of Lavender Orps can chime in and give me a few pointers.
    What would it cost me to get either a lot of Lav chicks, (quantity is not my goal) or even a couple pullets or hens? I mostly just want them for my own enjoyment, so show quality and perfect type arent a huge issue, even someones "beautiful but not helping the project move along" birds would be awesome. I would either have them shipped, or drive to them, whichever works out to be better! Thanks for any info.

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Quote:Kaitlyn, I sell my hens for about $50 to $75 each and the roosters from $25 to $50 depending on age. My baby chicks I sell locally for $10 to $15 each depending on age. I think you'll find a huge range of prices out there. Should you decide you want to hatch eggs, or know someone willing to hatch eggs, I'll be glad to ship some to you. (We have a listing up - an auction for lavendar orpingtons now and we also do straight orders of them.

Many thanks and have a blessed day.

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I just gave away some 3 year F-3 hens for layers and mine are some of the best there are! LOL Oops! Good luck!

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Quote:[​IMG] That was really nice of you! [​IMG] But I knew you were, before reading this lovely example of your kindness!!! Nancy

Last edited: May 18, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by