Lavender Orp Project Update - babies hatching!

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful comments! I'm just getting caught up here, so please bear with me.

Jayare - To be honest, I would have to read up on breeding blue into it. I would assume it would complicate things too much and it would also make it more difficult to determine who is blue, versus lavender or pale splash.

mom'sfolly - our next hatch is in progress as I type. On last peek, I saw 3 new babies so far.
jumpy.gif
2 lavender and 1 black.

Robin - the ratio on split to split only calls for 25% pure lavender. Better % are always welcome.

farmergal - added you to the egg list
smile.png

Tony - got you down for 1-2 cockerels, which we are already pinpointing. lol Will keep you posted. That list is much shorter than the egg list.
smile.png

Welcome back gumpsgirl! Thanks so much! Lavenders are a definite must have to add to your collection.
wink.png

Shellie - I can't wait too...I know they'll be beautiful, but it'll be a constant work in progress I'm sure.

Thanks for the welcome back Jody! Be sure to put me down for some eggs also, will you?!?! I will be ready to hatch some babies again in the spring. Thanks!
smile.png

gamebirdsonly & gumpsgirl - added you both to the egg list. Thanks again!
hugs.gif

Thank you so much Jody, I will be ready,able and willing just as soon as you give me the go-ahead and directions to your farm. lol
WooHoo!!!
big_smile.png

Can't wait! Please let me know around about what time I will be getting some so I can plan my hatches around that.

Thanks a million Jody!
big_smile.png

More peeps!
jumpy.gif
This isn't the complete hatch, but so far 6 lav and 8 blacks from Big Bear's pen.
jumpy.gif
There are a few more eggs due tonight in there. Lucas' hatch looks like mostly lavenders, but I'll get a better count when they move to the brooder. I'm also hatching silkies from Jenilynn and some of those have hatched as well.
ya.gif

100_6143.jpg

Thanks ladies! Here's an update on the hatchlings..

Big Bear's - 6 Lav and 10 blacks
Lucas - 3 Lav and 3 Black
and 4 silkie chicks

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom