Lavender Orp with Black Cuckoo Orp

MotherCluckingHenHouse

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2020
I bought these three ladies all from the same person she said that dad is a Black Cuckoo Orpington and mom is a Lavender. The question I have is will I get any Lavender Cuckoos from breeding to a Lavender orpington rooster? I know that due to the barring gene at least the ones from my cuckoo hen will be sexlinked so all of her male offspring should be barred, but will they be lavender since she has the lavender gene?

I know the middle one looks like a rooster in the face. But the body and tail is all female.
20200722_173539.jpg
20200717_174412.jpg

Two of the pullets appear to be blue, is it possible that their mother was blue as well as lavender? I’m surprised they aren’t all barred, but that must just mean the father is only single barred.
To answer your question, if you cross the cuckoo pullet with the lavender cockerel you will get
Cockerels: 50 percent cuckoo and 50 percent lavender cuckoo
Pullets: 50 percent black and 50 percent lavender.

Two of the pullets appear to be blue, is it possible that their mother was blue as well as lavender? I’m surprised they aren’t all barred, but that must just mean the father is only single barred.

Thank you! Will it be possible for any barring to come from the solid offspring that look blue? I totally see the blue, she never mentioned the mother having any blue, but its there and she doesn't know. I will ask her. They definitely don't look like my other lavenders!

Thank you! Will it be possible for any barring to come from the solid offspring that look blue? I totally see the blue, she never mentioned the mother having any blue, but its there and she doesn't know. I will ask her. They definitely don't look like my other lavenders!
Nope, no cuckoo, the other two will probably produce black, blue, lavender, and lavender blue offspring.

I bought these three ladies all from the same person she said that dad is a Black Cuckoo Orpington and mom is a Lavender. The question I have is will I get any Lavender Cuckoos from breeding to a Lavender orpington rooster? I know that due to the barring gene at least the ones from my cuckoo hen will be sexlinked so all of her male offspring should be barred, but will they be lavender since she has the lavender gene?

I know the middle one looks like a rooster in the face. But the body and tail is all female.View attachment 2283819
Age of these 3? The middle may have the body of a pullet, but that comb says male depending on age.

Back
Top Bottom