Lavender orpington mix color?

Jmwah_12

Songster
May 7, 2020
Hello! So I recently decided to buy some Lavender orpington mixes and some Buff orpington mixes.(I should stop getting more chicks haha) But I was wondering if the lavender orpington chicks will actually be lavender? They are a kind of dark blackish grey unlike the ones I see online which are light grey. So will they feather out blackish grey or like black n brown?
IMG_20200604_154632.jpg

Here's one of the Lavender mixes.

CIuck

Songster
Jun 3, 2020
Conneticut
Hello! So I recently decided to buy some Lavender orpington mixes and some Buff orpington mixes.(I should stop getting more chicks haha) But I was wondering if the lavender orpington chicks will actually be lavender? They are a kind of dark blackish grey unlike the ones I see online which are light grey. So will they feather out blackish grey or like black n brown?
Here's one of the Lavender mixes.
They will be a pretty blue ish color, I dont have any but on the web they look gray-ish they will be white and maybe a little bit lavender, here is a pic, I would wait for other posts because I dont have any (but she is adorable!! :) )
1591368240893.png

Jmwah_12

Songster
May 7, 2020
I’m curious, what colour did they turn out to be?
They are no longer with me sadly but they were the most beautiful birds I’ve ever had :( one turned out to be a beautiful shade of lavender/reddish brown, the other a lighter shade of mixed gray and white like the one pictured above but darker coloring.

Top Bottom