Lavender Orpington project ....

Hi Anne...

I'm in Seattle, WA. Not too close to you!l Is the breeding of the Lavender's to the Black-splits currently a trial to get to the optimum Lavender? I am so interested in this breed and can't help asking as many questions as possible to understand where the project is at this point.

Wish I were close enough to see your chicks! Sounds as if they are at a perfect age right now.

~Connie

Still no Lavender Orps. I had high hopes, but 2 chicks + 1 White tufted Blue Polish Standard arrived DOA yesterday.
Do I take a chance on getting them at the end of the month, or wait until Spring? I'm in the Seattle area. It's not cold here, but I'm afraid it may have been along their route. I haven't even gotten a tracking number, yet. Would like to see how long their actual journey was.

I'm really interested in the Project and would like to get started. Not interested in selling, but interested in helping the Project.

Any idea how I could safely get chicks here?

TIA,
Connie

Have you thought about trying eggs to hatch? Shipped eggs are sometimes a gamble but the results are often worth it.

Still no Lavender Orps.  I had high hopes, but 2 chicks + 1 White tufted Blue Polish Standard arrived DOA yesterday.
Do I take a chance on getting them at the end of the month, or wait until Spring? I'm in the Seattle area.  It's not cold here, but I'm afraid it may have been along their route.  I haven't even gotten a tracking number, yet.  Would like to see how long their actual journey was.

I'm really interested in the Project and would like to get started.  Not interested in selling, but interested in helping the Project.

Any idea how I could safely get chicks here?

TIA,
Connie

I have some LO. I love them. They are 3 months old. I'll try and post pics later.
I just love the breed! They are beautiful and from what I've read, fairly docile and make good pets.

Sometimes, the Universe just opens up and says, "how about this?" This afternoon, I talked with a friend who is in charge of our local farm & garden store about the LOs. They're not able to order them, and she understood how disappointed I was when none of my chicks were alive. Just a few minutes ago, she called with 2 numbers of people who have LOs for sale about an hour from me! She also talked to another friend who doesn't have LOs but does have an incubator and said if I ordered eggs she would hatch mine for me when she runs her incubator next time.

"Hope springs eternal"
jumpy.gif

Thanks for sharing!
~Connie

What would I get if I had my lavender orpington covering lemon cuckoo orpingtons. Lost in genetics. Thanks for the help

I am crossing my fingers that I can find some Lavs near me in Utah. The biggest issue I have come across is the fact I can't have roosters in my area and no one seems to sell sexed lav orps.. :( and I have a hard time paying $12/per chick, and then shipping on top of that. I would much rather hatch but I havent done that before and that makes me worried too lol. Heres to hoping soon I will be a proud owner of a few lav girls!

I am in the market for Orpingtons. I am more particular about heritage (in love with the English) vs the optimum lavender color. I and settle for buying a few rejects color wise. I am particularly taken with the palest of feathers but wouldn't turn my nose up at grey and blues want to be lavenders. In any case good luck ladies and gentlemen I love what your doing

Back
Top Bottom