Lavender Orpington project ....

I'm looking for lavender started bird girls within a 3 hour radius of San Jose. Not having much luck
fl.gif
Hi Skilletlicker,
I am in Paso Robles- have four lavenders that hatched last week and expecting about 10 more tomorrow if all goes well in hatching. $9 a bird. Thank you, Laura

Hi,

I just wanted to give an update on Collette and Ricky's 4 eggs in the incubator. It is a story, and I realize that I am in the wrong thread as I am not working on a project. I just saw that this was a lavender thread and started typing away, so I apologize for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
hmm.png
I think I am starting to figure out this whole public forum thing. I will add the story and the pictures hopefully under the right thread in incubating and hatching. I just wanted to let anyone who may be wondering we have 2 new chicks! Faith and Hope.

!
ya.gif

Last edited:
Hi,
I am in Bay Area, just wanted to share pictures of some chicks that I hatched. One appears to be porcelain? They are lavender mottled, I'm keeping the porcelain one, and selling the lavender mottled. I thought she was solid lavender, but looking at her pictures, I can see the mottling, witch might intensify or diminish, as she gets older, she also has mottled legs, but would like to know what people think, as I am a newbie. They are full sisters. I also have some little Roos that are mottled. Thanks Much. P.S. They are 6 weeks old.

Hi all!! I just picked up this sweet little 5-7 week old lady from a breeder yesterday. She's a doll but looks a bit scruffy to me! She has no tail feathers and I can see her neck skin...I would love advice as to if this is normal for lav orp chicks this age or if I need to be concerned and discuss this with the breeder? Thanks in advance...I can take more photos too if that would help. :)

So excited to finally share this with Backyard Chickens!I've found and developed the first offspring of Laced Lavender Orpingtons. If anyone else has seen this color pattern let me know, but I've been working hard to find anything like this. This are 100% Lavender from a English Bloodline.

There's nothing lavender about that bird, the legs are slate, I imagine the beak is too. The color is Andalusian Blue. That's a Blue Orpington, the lacing is nice though.

Last edited:
I happen to have a nice Lavender that has Blue lacing. We are hatching them out now. Here is one that is around 12 weeks old. Light colored beak and legs, and it's lavender. You do have to have some Andalusian Blue in there to achieve the lacing though.

You don't understand lavender. Lavender is a "self blue" meaning you breed two lavenders and you get lavender. Lavender has different shades ranging from blue to a light grey. It's not blue because I've bred the parents which came out 100% lavender. If it Blue X Blue = 50% Blue, 25% Splash, 25% Black. This chick does look a lot like an Andalusia, but I can assure you it isn't. The bloodline is Korfus/ Fancy chick/ Marc Sacre. English imports are darker which I prefer, but It is indeed a "Self Blue"

These are just developing the pattern. There is no adalusian in them. Just selective breeding from some of the best stock of birds in Europe and Germany.

You don't understand lavender. Lavender is a "self blue" meaning you breed two lavenders and you get lavender. Lavender has different shades ranging from blue to a light grey. It's not blue because I've bred the parents which came out 100% lavender. If it Blue X Blue = 50% Blue, 25% Splash, 25% Black. This chick does look a lot like an Andalusia, but I can assure you it isn't. The bloodline is Korfus/ Fancy chick/ Marc Sacre. English imports are darker which I prefer, but It is indeed a "Self Blue"

I don't care what bloodline it is lol. It's 100% not Lavender. I breed Lavender. Korfus breeds to APA standards, not English, lmbo!!!!

Back
Top Bottom