Lavender Orpington project ....

I'm happy to have added 8 English Lavender Orps to my flock.
They are 4 weeks old, so it will be a while before they are laying, but they sure are pretty little guys and gals!
I plan to hatch some out from these next year.

Just bought this little thing on impulse when I was only supposed to be picking up black copper marans. So fat and cute couldn't help myself. She said it was a lavender Orpington which I had only known buff orpingtons before. The chick is 5 weeks old, I'm guessing pullet but how does it look overall? Besides the missing feathers, she was in a pen Of about 40 chicks and they had takin a beating it looked like.

Last edited:
Just bought this little thing on impulse when I was only supposed to be picking up black copper marans. So fat and cute couldn't help myself. She said it was a lavender Orpington which I had only known buff orpingtons before. The chick is 5 weeks old, I'm guessing pullet but how does it look overall? Besides the missing feathers, she was in a pen Of about 40 chicks and they had takin a beating it looked like.

Not sticking to your chicken plan and getting extra!!!! NEVER heard of that lol. Looks like a pullet. They are late developers though so hard to say 100%. Fingers crossed.

Not sticking to your chicken plan and getting extra!!!! NEVER heard of that lol. Looks like a pullet. They are late developers though so hard to say 100%. Fingers crossed.

My original plan was to have pure Amercaunas and blue and splash Jersey Giants. My seller for the Giants I had lined up fell through and then amercaunas I bought turned out to be Easter Eggers. So in a fit of dispair I gave up and just started impulse buying. And now here we are 3 Easter Eggers, 2 Bantams, 2 Black Copper Marans, 3 Guineas and 1 Lavender Orpington. All gathered over the course of 3 months... Do they have meetings for people like us?

My original plan was to have pure Amercaunas and blue and splash Jersey Giants. My seller for the Giants I had lined up fell through and then amercaunas I bought turned out to be Easter Eggers. So in a fit of dispair I gave up and just started impulse buying. And now here we are 3 Easter Eggers, 2 Bantams, 2 Black Copper Marans, 3 Guineas and 1 Lavender Orpington. All gathered over the course of 3 months... Do they have meetings for people like us?

Hmmm hello my name is ........ and i cant help myself around chickens! she a pretty girl you got, she look a bit like an english orpington and not and american orp. but they are both gorgeous breeds though.

Back
Top Bottom