Lavender Orpington project ....

Hey hi hello I was wondering if it is usual to have a lavender with a grey comb? Also does this look like a gal to you? This is Bridgette at 16weeks

Last edited:
Hey hi hello I was wondering if it is usual to have a lavender with a grey comb? Also does this look like a gal to you? This is Bridgette at 16weeks

Mine are almost 16 weeks also, and the males combs are much bigger! Yours comb looks closer to my females size. Not saying that's 100%, but it seems closer to mine, assuming I am correct on mine. I have one male that has some slight graying in his comb, but the other 2 are bright red! All 3 have just started crowing within the last week or so. Most of the girls (I have 7) combs are very light pink.
Just my experience, would like other opinions also.

I need to get rid of a lav orp roo ? I have two, Not sure what one looks the best
1f601.png
To me the darker one looks the best both are nice temperament .. The lighter roo has really long legs and very clumsy when he walks or run not very attractive lol And I think orpingtons in general I thought were more stout not lanky Not sure on that though ?
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png
Any input???
1f44d.png

I need to get rid of a lav orp roo ? I have two, Not sure what one looks the best
1f601.png
To me the darker one looks the best both are nice temperament .. The lighter roo has really long legs and very clumsy when he walks or run not very attractive lol And I think orpingtons in general I thought were more stout not lanky Not sure on that though ?
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png
Any input???
1f44d.png

I had the same issue. I gave one to my SIL, so if he turns out prettier later, I can still get him for mating lol!
And I kept my other 2. Your dark one looks darker than mine, and the light one lighter, but I have no idea. I hope someone else will comment!
Comb looks great on the dark one though!
Oh, mine look like idiots when they run!!

1f601.png
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png
Any input???
1f44d.png

Are you still looking to get rid of one? Where are you located?

Back
Top Bottom