Lavender Orpington project ....

Quote:
I have to share this with you... my dad used to use the live trap to trap squirrels and "relocate" them all over town. I would catch him in the oddest spots letting them go.

Well one day (he can't see well) he put the trap and "squirrel" in his car and shortly thereafter found out it was not a squirrel but a skunk. Wheww-ee. I laughed so hard and he still cringes if I bring it up

Ah never set a trap in an area that it should never be...by their den, in the woods etc. Just put it out by the coops, a barn a tree in the yard etc. They work unless they are too small for the critter. scbatz33 has been catching possum, coons and etc in hers for the past month. I have caught critters in them in the past.

When they leave their den, they know it is there and they know it should not be there....so they avoid it. When they are roaming your yard, it changes all the time...what is in the yard can change without alarming them.

Try it but lock the cats up in a carrier or in a garage or something while they are set at night. See what happens.

Last edited:
I have chicks hatching today from scbatz33! So far I have 2 split lavenders, 1 lavender, and 1 lavender mottled.
big_smile.png

These will go well with our Lav Roo and black pullet from Hinkjc and a lavender chick from Tony.

Quote:
My Blacks get that color before they molt. Let her molt and see what happens. IF she looks the same you may have something there.

Here is a pic of a well ridden LahFawnDuh and bashful Feran. She has that color, but I guarantee that is a purebred Black Orp hen. I have her in with Feran's brother Flozelle right now.

000_6799.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Man, it must have taken you a really long time to dye each feather like that!
lol.png

I sure hope it's not the molt coming on and you have a chance to breed for that color.

Back
Top Bottom