Lavender Orpington project ....

Quote:
Thanks that makes sense and I hadn't thought about it.

I am officially going to belong here. At least if all goes well with my hatching eggs. I bought Lavendar project eggs yesterday from oberhaslikid (Pamela) in Ohio. She said they are from Tony's lines over in CT. Actually Tony is much closer to me since I am in NY over on Long Island.

Quote:
Hi Jody,
My lavenders are doing great, I get TON`s of compliments on them that I make sure I give the credit to you and Charlie.
big_smile.png

I`ll PM you about those F5`s.

NOW, onto some pics. Though I know everyones seen these a million times already, cause I haven`t taken any new ones recently.
hide.gif

Mottled Roo:
5806_dscf0480m.jpg

A Flock:
5806_dscf3435.jpg

Lav roo and mottled pullet:
5806_dscf0483f.jpg

Last edited:
Tony - thanks for sharing pics. You are like me. Terrible at getting new pics of my birds. Camera's are such a time commitment. Something I don't have much of lately. lol Talk soon.

akpeeps - good luck with your hatch!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Thanks that makes sense and I hadn't thought about it.

I am officially going to belong here. At least if all goes well with my hatching eggs. I bought Lavendar project eggs yesterday from oberhaslikid (Pamela) in Ohio. She said they are from Tony's lines over in CT. Actually Tony is much closer to me since I am in NY over on Long Island.

My Hatching Eggs just got here and I unpacked them. Put them in an egg carton on my counter to rest. Great packing job and no broken eggs. I had bought 6 in the auction and was sent 8 so I am very happy. I will let them rest for 24 hours and put them in the incubator tomorrow. Meanwhile I will try candeling and looking into the eggs later tonight when it gets dark. This is because I am new to hatching and trying to educate myself as to what to see during different stages of development.

I was surprised at the color of the eggs. Of course I have never even seen an Orps eggs before but thought they were more of a brown color than these are. These are a very light, light kaki or sand color. Almost cream. At any rate, I am happy and hope my eggs will hatch.

Quote:
Hi Jody,
My lavenders are doing great, I get TON`s of compliments on them that I make sure I give the credit to you and Charlie.
big_smile.png

I`ll PM you about those F5`s.

NOW, onto some pics. Though I know everyones seen these a million times already, cause I haven`t taken any new ones recently.
hide.gif

Mottled Roo:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/5806_dscf0480m.jpg
A Flock:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/5806_dscf3435.jpg
Lav roo and mottled pullet:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/5806_dscf0483f.jpg

should the one on the bottem right of the second pic have a white earlobe?

Newyorkrita, not sure where you got your eggs, but orp eggs can vary in tone of brown/tinting. Some are very pale tan and others can be very dark. It often depends on the hen (s). Towards the end of a laying season hens can also put less tint on the shells, making them lighter. Good luck with your hatch.
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I got my eggs from an auction here on BYC from oberhaslikid (Pamela) in Ohio. They were really packed wonderfully and are lovely eggs. I am glad to see that I can easily see thru them with my candeling light. I plan to learn about what eggs look like at different stages of development by following their progress until hatch.

I picked the Lavendar Orps because I thought they were pretty and I wanted a brown egg layer. Mainly I just didn't want white eggs.

Back
Top Bottom