Lavender Orpington project ....

Quote:
Yes, I had to quit Free Ranging because I was loosing 2 - 3 birds a DAY!
th.gif

My dad said he saw a coyote carry'ing a rabbit in it's mouth not too far away from the house, that's what I figure is getting them.
sad.png

Sorry to hear that. Do they seem to be safe in their coop and run? What breeds do u have in your flock?

They do not have a run, the horses tore it down about a year ago. Their pens are secure now ... I think. I have a wide assorment of chickens, I couldn't name them all out. I have both Bantams and Standards it that helps.
smile.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Do they seem to be safe in their coop and run? What breeds do u have in your flock?

They do not have a run, the horses tore it down about a year ago. Their pens are secure now ... I think. I have a wide assorment of chickens, I couldn't name them all out. I have both Bantams and Standards it that helps.
smile.png

Well at least they're safe now. If your situation gets better maybe I can see about getting you some eggs from my girls in the spring.
hugs.gif

Quote:
smile.png

Well at least they're safe now. If your situation gets better maybe I can see about getting you some eggs from my girls in the spring.
hugs.gif

That would be awesome!
thumbsup.gif

I'll have to work on my mom about that though ...
wink.png

Quote:
Braclin they look so good! That Myrtle is gorgeous...I have to show Cheyenne this pic because she loved that little baby too pieces and she will be pleased to see her growing up, spoiled and happy. I am so glad you got those 2 for Peep.
love.gif

Quote:
Braclin they look so good! That Myrtle is gorgeous...I have to show Cheyenne this pic because she loved that little baby too pieces and she will be pleased to see her growing up, spoiled and happy. I am so glad you got those 2 for Peep.
love.gif

Thanks!! I'm really happy with them. Tell Cheyenne that theyre very spoiled, lol
hugs.gif

Update on LO hatch from Beth G's eggs...started with 7, 2 quit early, 5 went in lockdown and all 5 hatched last night and today. I have 4 black splits and one lavender.
ya.gif

Between both hatches, older chicks are 16 days old now, I have 2 lavenders and 7 SL. Will get pics when I move them to the brooder tomorrow.
wee.gif
wee.gif

Here's the newest peeps...
jumpy.gif

B hatch 10-4-10
010.jpg

009.jpg

Here's the older peeps at 18 days...

A hatch 9-17-10
004.jpg

016.jpg

This is the one I'm sure is a boy...
012.jpg

013.jpg

He's already roosting on the edge of the brooder box.

Back
Top Bottom