Lavender Orpington project ....

Very nice, Jody!
love.gif
You have done a wonderful job on these gorgeous birds. It must give you a good feeling to see so many people who love them and how popular they are.

OK, another breeding question. I have some gorgeous Black Orpington roos to cross my Lavender hens with. I have 4 but want to get down to 2 and am undecided on one of them. He is the biggest most gorgeous typey roo. He is the best looking of the 4. The problem is he has some brown leakage in his hackles. If I was breeding Black Orpingtons I would cull him but since he will be used for improving type in the Lavenders I don't know if the leakage would be a problem. Any thoughts?

I would not use him Cowgirlgrace. The red will create yellow leakage on a lavender bird.

Hello to everyone, I finally got my hands on some of these lovelies this spring. I am absolutely in love with them. I will post some pics to get opinions on them, they were hatched this spring, they are about 7 mo's old. The Roo's don't have nice tails yet (golden retriever took some of them out). I think they are turning out quite nice though, would be interested in what other's think of them.

Here is the whole group out playing in the yard
48395_dsc00021.jpg

One of the roo's
48395_dsc08165.jpg

Another roo
48395_dsc00020.jpg

Hi everyone, remember my little trio that my serama mama hatched out??? Well, they are feathering out very nicely and believe it or not I am almost 99% posivite that they are ALL Pullets!!!!
celebrate.gif
How lucky could I get!!!
fl.gif

Older picture, I will get updated ones soon
49849_dsc03838.jpg

chickeemama
- What a beautiful group photo.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom