Lavender Orpington project ....

Quote:
WooHoo lucky you!! I am excited for ya!!
wee.gif

Quote:
He might be of use if you wanted to work on Isabel Orps- the Yellow leakage would be desirable, but you'll want more. If he's super typey, you could find some gorgeous Buffs, like Jody & Charlie's, and go to town!

Quote:
He might be of use if you wanted to work on Isabel Orps- the Yellow leakage would be desirable, but you'll want more. If he's super typey, you could find some gorgeous Buffs, like Jody & Charlie's, and go to town!

Help me out chicken scientist gal, what is an isabel orp? Sounds really neat!!

Julia is from Gumpsgirl eggs - she's slow to mature but I think will be a beauty! 5 1/2 months today

41441_julia_55_mths.jpg

Luna is from Tony originally - laid her first eggs this weekend 7 1/2 months - her comb was damaged when I got her, but I still think her shape is gorgeous

41441_luna_75_mths.jpg

I think, I think, I think ......... I think I might have a girl in the group of 5 cha-chingers! Tell me what you think. Do you see a girl here? They are now 8 weeks old. I have 2 Lavenders and 3 blacks.

31282_dscf1212.jpg

31282_dscf1213.jpg

31282_dscf1203.jpg

31282_dscf1207.jpg

I also have a pullet from my (earlier generation) Lavenders.

31282_dscf1227.jpg

kathyinmo, I am terrible at sexing by pics but, I know Jody seems to tell right away! She's good maybe she will check back into the forum and let you know
wink.png

On a side note they are really very nice looking birds love em!!!!

Last edited:
The black bird in the front of pic 1 and in pic 2 is a pullet.
woot.gif
The lav in pic 3 is questionable and could go either way, but I'm leaning on pullet.

Ah... I'm so sad.
hit.gif

After wanting them for so long, I finally got some Lavender Orp chicks (I have another thread going about the situation). I got them the end of last week and when I opened the box, a couple were dead and the rest were all in very bad shape. I don't know what happened to them in transit, but they have all been near death and slowing dying. They are very weak and have barely ate anything. I am now down to 5 alive out of 14 chicks. Nothing is helping them.

It's so sad and disappointing. This was such a huge expenditure for me right now and was sort of my gift to myself since I have had some tough times lately. Keep your fingers crossed for me that the others will pull through! It is not looking promising right now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom